Does anybody have any experience renting from Long & McQuade? I was looking at buying an Epi Dot, thread:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24744111#post24744111, but cant really try it out in the city. So, I was going to rent one for a while and try them. And possibly buy it if I liked it.

Anybody have any experience with renting?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
Does anybody have any experience renting from Long & McQuade? I was looking at buying an Epi Dot, thread:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24744111#post24744111, but cant really try it out in the city. So, I was going to rent one for a while and try them. And possibly buy it if I liked it.

Anybody have any experience with renting?

I've rented an amp through them before. Prices were reasonable. Plus side is that a percentage (can't remember the number, they should tell you, if not ask) of the rental payments, up to a certain amount, can go towards buying the rented product if you like.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Another plus with Long and Mcquade is their 30 no questions asked return policy. You could buy the Dot, take it home and try it out for a bit and if you are not happy with it, take it back. My brother did this with 4 different basses before he found the one that he liked and there was no problems or harassment at all with any of his returns.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Yeah it's awesome. You can do it with cymbals too! =D And I'm guessing everything else... :P
~Carl
Quote by KillRoy Ver 3.0
Another plus with Long and Mcquade is their 30 no questions asked return policy. You could buy the Dot, take it home and try it out for a bit and if you are not happy with it, take it back. My brother did this with 4 different basses before he found the one that he liked and there was no problems or harassment at all with any of his returns.

Yea they're good. When I bought my Jackson, a couple weeks after I got it, the trem arm wouldn't stay tight. So I went in looking for a new one, and they just did it as a warrenty replacement.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by KillRoy Ver 3.0
Another plus with Long and Mcquade is their 30 no questions asked return policy.

The staff may be commission hounds, but the store does have an excellent policy in this regard. They don't even bat an eyelash.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
Quote by Ratraisin
The staff may be commission hounds, but the store does have an excellent policy in this regard. They don't even bat an eyelash.

The staff at L&M don't make commission or so they claim. The 30 day grace period is the way to go, I've bought all three of my guitars thru them and they're very good. I've also purchased some items (Drum Machine & Porta 07) many years ago and if I remember correctly the payment plan was pretty easy too.
Moving on.....
Quote by Koshman32
I've rented an amp through them before. Prices were reasonable. Plus side is that a percentage (can't remember the number, they should tell you, if not ask) of the rental payments, up to a certain amount, can go towards buying the rented product if you like.

I think its 10%. Renting from L&M is pretty simple. They make you fill out a standard form and thats pretty much it.

Oh and they don't make commissions at all. Kind of weird to be honest.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by KenG
The staff at L&M don't make commission or so they claim. The 30 day grace period is the way to go, I've bought all three of my guitars thru them and they're very good. I've also purchased some items (Drum Machine & Porta 07) many years ago and if I remember correctly the payment plan was pretty easy too.

Maybe they aren't; I never asked or checked it out. Dude got pretty antsy, though when another sales guy went to ring in my stuff.

Some places have quotas to prove performance. Maybe it's something like that.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
Quote by utmbarto
I think its 10%. Renting from L&M is pretty simple. They make you fill out a standard form and thats pretty much it.

Oh and they don't make commissions at all. Kind of weird to be honest.

Might just get a yearly bonus or something, depending on the person's sales.

And the staff at the one here have been great for recommending things for price ranges. A lot of places, if you tell them your price range is [blank], they'll show you through all the product you're looking for, close to that price range. The guys here, when I was looking at an amp, took me through a bunch of amps from my price range and down, and even steered me away from buying something more expensive, when I showed a bit of interest towards it (he said it wouldn't suit my style).
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
whoa, all canadian guys UG thread

i quite like L&M. only ever had good experiences there
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
What would be better? If I rent, I'd have to ship it up to central manitoba, then mail it back, probably after 10 days. However, if I buy it, I'd have 30 days to return it if I dont like it.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Ouch, that's a long ass drive lol. You'd probably be better buying it with the return policy in that instance, since shipping with L&M is a pain in the ass. Took them 3 weeks to send something from Cambridge to Burlington, which is a 1 hour drive lol.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by wyldeshredder
whoa, all canadian guys UG thread

i quite like L&M. only ever had good experiences there

Isn't L&M only in Canada?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
^ that's what he meant lol

I like L&M, I spent like 4 hours there just messing around with guitars. I ended up buying a guitar though so it was all good.

I think another reason they might not get commission is because they make a lot of money off of schools. I mean maybe not the whole reason but that's a lot of their sales.
Quote by onemanarmy9
Ouch, that's a long ass drive lol. You'd probably be better buying it with the return policy in that instance, since shipping with L&M is a pain in the ass. Took them 3 weeks to send something from Cambridge to Burlington, which is a 1 hour drive lol.

How does MusiciansFriend compare? Would I be safer getting it from L&M because its a physical store?
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
^ You'd have to pay brokers fees plus exchange rate & the mighty GST as well. Go with L&M.
Moving on.....