Page 1 of 2
I have been playing for about 4 years and recently due to an injury, i haven't played for 2 months. Tell me how long you have been playing when that happened and how long your hiatus was and why the reason was also.
Last edited by musicandthewave at Jul 19, 2010,
I've sparingly played for about 4 months I don't have the interest nor the confidence to play.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I've stopped playing seriously and just play in sporadic bursts now because I've lost my confidence in my playing, really.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
since ive started the longest was like a weekend and what a terrible weeken it was
I've gone about a week and a half before. That was the longest I could stand to not play. It was last summer when I got a really bad stomach bug which was only made worse because of personal family problems going on at that time.
Last edited by Kutless Rocker at Jul 19, 2010,
Longest I've went since I started was about 2 months when I broke my wrist, and gradually played more as the pain decreased. Sometimes I'll take a week or so off and work on keys or vocals. Do the same for bass occasionally, but that doesn't really count.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I went four months without playing back in high school because of bad grades. Best motivation for good grades i've ever had.
After I'd been playing for like a year I stopped for a couple of months. Then I started listening to new music which made me want to pick up guitar again.

Apart from that, no, the longest I've been away from my guitar is a week when I've been on holidays, I try to play at least 2 or 3 songs a day.
about three months. Modern Warfare 2
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

I played when I was around 15, to about 18. Put it down until I turned 23 a few years ago. I'm better know in these 6 or so months that I was in that total 2 1/2 years. But my tastes have changed a bit since then.
I caught the stomach flu at one point. I remember i woke up at four in the morning, literally seconds away from puking. I decided I couldn't make it to the bathroom so I would just vomit on the floor. My guitar was laying on the ground next to my bed so i quickly pushed it under my bed and threw up. When i observed the guitar in the morning it had vomit splash over the body.. Since i had the flu for a week i didn't play and it took me a few more days to muster up the courage to clean it. Blech...
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
Quote by supersac
since ive started the longest was like a weekend and what a terrible weeken it was

Quote by Kutless Rocker
I've gone about a week and a half before. That was the longest I could stand to not play. It was last summer when I got a really bad stomach bug which was only made worse because of personal family problems going on at that time.

Quote by pack4804
I went four months without playing back in high school because of bad grades. Best motivation for good grades i've ever had.

Just curious, how long have you guys been playing?
Quote by lolmnt
yeah, when I tried to self teach myself I gave up and few times but ultimately the attraction I had to the instrument never left me.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

Something like a month, that was 2 years ago.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
a couple weeks at the most. i hate it when the guitar looks at me, just wanting to get played
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Hey! You got your name changed!
Quote by lolmnt
Probably somewhere around 2 to 4 days.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Right now it's been about two months. A week ago, I really wanted to start playing again. But 2 minutes in, my nut slot cracks and I don't feel like fixing it
A week at most. I sprained my wrist playing ultimate and it was really painful to strum at first, but I quickly found I could still pick pretty easily.

I love playing and writing too much to stop.
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
It's been six or seven months since I've touched an electric guitar. I pick up an acoustic now and then.
I'm actually trying to go on a short hiatus from guitar playing. I find that when I take a break for a few days or a week, I'm actually better when I play again.
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
I've stopped playing seriously and just play in sporadic bursts now because I've lost my confidence in my playing, really.

Pretty much this.
I have no drive to get better at it so I'll just randomly pick it up and play for a few hours then I wont touch it for a little while. A few times a month sounds about right. Unless I hear or see something that is really inspiring, then ill play a little more frequently. Before when I was playing more often I would stick to very limited things. Now I'm branching out a lot more.
ಠ_ಠ
Me at the moment. I still teach, but can't find the 'want' to pick it up and play.

Drums and University have taken over =/
RIP Tom Searle.
I started in 04'...and have pretty much stopped playing since mid 08'. I dabble here and there...but not much.

hiphop 4 lyfez.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Broke my wrist last year. It was my right (picking) hand so I didn't play for a while, but then I got smart and just threw a sock over my strings to mute them and hammered/pulled everything with my left hand, I got pretty good with it.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
No longer than a week really due to lack of motivation. It's strange, because anytime I see my guitar I think "damn I really want to play" but I just don't. Usually happens when I'm in a rut.
There's danger on the edge of town,
Ride the king's highway baby

Last summer I stopped completely, so yes.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

i played for about two years, then due to what i believe is tinnitus, i had to quit, and that completely threw away all my future plans, seeing how i want to be tied in with music my whole life, its one of my few interests, it really sucks :p so to answer, im on perma ban from guitar lol, or anything loud at all
one day you will wish you had done a little evil, for a greater good
When I first started playing I was really bad so I would go maybe a week without playing because it was hard to stay motivated. Now after a few years of playing the longest I will go without playing is maybe two days; even then I feel ashamed and try and make up for it by playing extra the following days.

I can't really afford to miss days of practice because I need to master grade 7 soon for A2 level music.
Once the novelty of covering songs, and the reality of how hard it is to write a decent song set in, I stopped improving. I've been at a 3-year level for the past year and a half (4.5 years of total playing). New gear only really makes me play for maybe a week, then I just return it since it doesn't get much use. Terrible cycle.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
1 month because I was in Japan. It was just at a time when I was really into guitar too
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
4 years. 4 bloody years.

I moved from England to Australia, had to leave my guitars behind due to some importation law, and didn't have enough money to buy any more.

I still have the guitars in England, at my grandads house, so when I go on holiday, I'll crank my AC15 once more :')
Been playing 6 years non stop.

Longest time not playing? Probably 2 weeks?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Page 1 of 2