Page 1 of 2
Just wondering if anyone else shares this same ability, at least I like to call it an ability. Basically, and don't laugh, I can hear music in my head. Let me elaborate.

It only works with a few songs, I guess songs that I am very familiar with. But I can hear the entirety of the music in my head, Vocals, Bass, Rhythms, Solos, Drums, etc.
And its not my inner-voice (the same voice you're using to read this right now) just singing the tune, its the actual song playing in my head without any mp3 playing mechanisms. Sounds crazy, sounds like I'm a stoner, or just a complete retard, but I'm not. Obviously there is no way I can prove this, but I swear, sometimes, I'll just be thinking of a song, and yeah, it starts off with me humming it or what not, but it turns into the actual song. Strong imagination? Maybe. Anyone else as crazy as I?
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
ummm...? I'd be more surprised if anyone here couldn't do it.....
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
That's nothing, I can see the notes flying all around me.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I can imagine 3-D shapes in my head and can imagine them fluently changing into others. Which a lot of people I know can't.

I can kind of do that TS, if I play a song on guitar and sing it then I can imagine other instruments and stuff sometimes without even trying.
Yeah, sometimes this happens and I space out and just think about how awesome it is that it happens, and ponder why.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
It's not a superpower. Anyone can recreate what they set their mind on. So don't worry, you're not a freak.
Your not crazy. I do this alot too. I thought it was just cause I over analize the music and break it down in to pieces and try to process how every sound is made and done. Doing that makes it so I hear songs I've consentrated deep on play in my head.
Quote by KingEuphoric
No actually you did
You do not yet know the ways of the Pit, young one
kill all humans
It happens to me quite frequently, music is playing through my head a good portion of the time. Sometimes its awkward when a jam is going through my head and I wanna rock to it but I'm in the middle of an arguement... awkward times
Quote by KingEuphoric
No actually you did

You're asking to get whomped.

Oh, you're a '10er, now this is ackward.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I can do that, the human brain can do all kindsa sh!t

f uckin brains, how do they work?
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
I can do that, it comes natural to me.

Quote by JacobTheMe
I can imagine 3-D shapes in my head and can imagine them fluently changing into others. Which a lot of people I know can't.

I find it harder to visualise things though, like this.

It's like... apparently most people think in pictures, but I think in words.
my crandfather taught me how to do this

ok no srsly TS, most likely everybody on UG can do what you've described.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Me and my sister were just talking about that. We can recreate songs in our minds with the singer voice, the guitarists tone, etc, and pretty much listen to the song in our heads.

My mom can't. But she also can't carry a note.

Quote by KingEuphoric
No actually you did

I think it's normal. If I'm realy relaxed I can think if a song im writing and I start to hear it. Then eventualy I hear the other instruments playing. Then I'll relize what I'm doing and it stops and I can't do it again. I mean acualy hear the music like I have headphones on.
I remember music with very accurate pitch.

If you ask me to hum a D, I can't do it right off the bat. But if I think a bit and remember that, for example, Danny Elfman's Spider-Man theme starts in the key of D, I can hum a (nearly) perfect D 19 times out of 20.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Jul 19, 2010,
Haha. I never said I was special, I wouldn't consider it special.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
I have music playing in my head for most of every day. Seriously, there are very few moments where I don't have some sort of musical background going on in my brain, and it's only when I need to focus my brain on something specific. If I'm on autopilot- which, realistically, I am for most of the day - then I've got music going in my head.
Quote by KingEuphoric
No actually you did

PROTIP: Once upon a time in the pit, someone accidentally spelled "awkward" as "ackward". As usually happent on teh interwebz, people relentlessly made fun of this misspelling, and through a twist of irony that could only happen on an internet forum, it is now the most common spelling of the word.
there was a book about this, I think it was some sci fi kids book.

to cut a long story short, some aliens want to abduct this kid, but his little girlfriend can compose in her head (orchestral stuff, or something, I don't really remember), and they want her instead. he has a massive tantrum and shoots rainbows out of his hands while screaming, "TAKE ME INSTEAD!!"

it was touching.
I can blow bubble rings, no one else think's it's interesting.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Yeah dude, its pretty possibble for me after listening to a song for a few times. For example, I was just listening to Love? by Strapping, and now I am listening to It's Not Safe To Swim Today by VOM. Oh wait, now Im listening to the first riff of Berzerker by ATG
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.

Did you genuinely think until just now that everyone else just sung melodies in the same voice they read with? The imagination is not an interior set of vocal chords, everyone can imagine different sounds.

I'll tell you another incredible ability, I can imagine entire scenes, I don't just have an imaginary hand I can make the shape of a rabbit with by sticking up two fingers.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 19, 2010,
I can make myself look like I have three lips
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I do this pretty much I suppose. I always "listen" to music in my head, even sometimes do it for riffs/licks I want to play on guitar later.
If I know the lyrics to a song, I'm able to do that, yes. It's great for alleviating boredom.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
I can do that, it comes natural to me.

I find it harder to visualise things though, like this.

It's like... apparently most people think in pictures, but I think in words.

Im the same way. When people talk I typically visualise their sentence. Sometimes I spell things outloud without realizing it in the middle of conversations. I also occasionally say the definition of a word outloud in the middle of conversation though without any intention.

I am terrible with maths, but I sometimes when I am riding in a car or walking somewhere and I see a series of numbers or a large number on a sign, I will create equations out of the numbers and stuff for no real reason.
How is that ackward? I do that all the time

Quote by Pat_s1t
I get what you mean, where it feels like the music is coming from an outside source when really it's in your head? I get that too, it's soo great haha.
Oh, holy shit! That only happens to me when I'm dozing off. I can't do it when I'm wide awake. It's weird. I'll be falling asleep, and I swear I can HEAR a song, then I'll jump awake and it disappears. It's crazy, I love it!
Page 1 of 2