do you use a distortion pedal and just turn it off, or do you roll down the volume to a low level?
Change channels on my amp, or roll off the volume. Depends if I want clean cleans or dirty cleans.
Just switch to the clean channel?

How else would you?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
depends on the song but usually ill turn of the distotion pedal of lower the volume on the guitar
the volume know is more likely though causeim too lazy to press the button
By using 2 different amps. I use a peavey windsor for distortion, and a crate palomino for cleans. I would like to get an FJA mod done on my windsor so I can have a clean channel without carrying around a second amp.
I just hit the foot switch and switch to a clean channel. If I want dirty cleans I just leave the distortion on and roll the volume back on the guitar.
I like slightly dirty cleans. On the Clean Channel, my EQ is... Gain: 6 Volume: 4 Bass: 5 Treble: 8.5 If I want to clean it up a bit, I just roll the volume on my guitar a bit
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Quote by Arterial
i never use dirty cleans, its always exclusively distortion or clean.

Second that.

I hit the footswitch, my clean and distortion are on seperate channels - and have different eq knobs. I have them both set to how I like them.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Dirty cleans are awesome, you can just roll the volume knob back and get a 90/10 clean tone. But when you dig in with the pick you get the extra grit and a gnarly emphasis on the part you're playing
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]