Poll: Favorite Coen Bros. Movie?
Poll Options
View poll results: Favorite Coen Bros. Movie?
Blood Simple
0 0%
Crimewave
0 0%
Raising Arizona
1 3%
Fargo
3 9%
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
8 24%
Intolerable Cruelty
0 0%
The Ladykillers
1 3%
No Country For Old Men
11 33%
Burn After Reading
3 9%
Other
6 18%
Voters: 33.
Pit, what's your favorite movie by the critically acclaimed and totally amazing Coen Brothers?

Mine would be No Country For Old Men (simply because Anton Chigurh, the antagonist, is one of my favorite characters ever). But I'm also a big fan of Raising Arizona and The Big Lebowski.

Fargo is on my "Things I need to see" list.
Last edited by The Madcap at Jul 19, 2010,
No Country.

But I love Fargo and Burn After Reading.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
O Brother, Where Art Thou?. Partially because its title is a reference to one of the best movies ever made (cookie if you know the name of that film), partially because George Clooney is in it, and partially because the soundtrack is kickass. But mostly cause the film is amazing.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
You REALLY didn't put The Big Lebowski as an option? Really? REALLY!?

http://www.lebowskifest.com/

...crimewave wasn't even directed by them...
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Last edited by TheIceCreamMan at Jul 19, 2010,
Miller's Crossing, closely followed by The Big Lebowski. Barton Fink comes in third.

None of those are on your poll...?

I know it's just my opinion, but the only ones on your list that I think are right up there are Fargo and Blood Simple.

I'd also like to add that the Coens are my favourite directors of all time, their films are astonishing.
Last edited by Ninja Vampirate at Jul 19, 2010,
Big Lebowski easily is my favorite
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Gonna have to go with Lebowski. No Country and A Serious Man are both pretty awesome as well.. Need to see Fargo.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
You REALLY didn't put The Big Lebowski as an option? Really? REALLY!?

http://www.lebowskifest.com/

...crimewave wasn't even directed by them...
FUCK! I did, but I forgot one and erased it, because I wanted the list in chronological order, and forgot to put it in.

I seriously can't believe I just did that.
Fargo. Aside from the great acting and accents, the cinematography is really interesting - it's just kinda funny lookin', ya know?

Aside from Chigurh, I really didn't care for No Country. I know all the reasons that people liked it, and I think it was well-made, but I just didn't enjoy it.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
The Big Lewbowski, closely followed by O Brother, Where Art Thou.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by Quintessence153
Fargo. Aside from the great acting and accents, the cinematography is really interesting - it's just kinda funny lookin', ya know?

Aside from Chigurh, I really didn't care for No Country. I know all the reasons that people liked it, and I think it was well-made, but I just didn't enjoy it.

It's a good film. But I think the book is much better.

Disappointing, because I thought if anyone could pull that off it would be the Coen Brothers... but there's just something about the book which they fail to capture in the film.
I have watched Lebowski again and again, and i see something new every time. I love it, definitely a favorite all time film. But i also love No Country for Old Men, and the inbetweener of the two, Fargo. I guess my point is that they have such a broad range in theme and genre that it's too tough to pick.
Fargo is awful. I honestly don't understand why anyone liked that movie, much less why I consistently see so many people raving about it.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT