Let's say you're in college and your in a band. Your band gets picked up by a label and they want you to go on tour during the winter and spring. The only problem is you have school and you've already put thousands of dollars towards your education, but you have always wanted to go on tour with a band. Of course, you going on tour doesn't guarantee you will make money, let alone make it big. Would you drop out of school to go on tour?
**** no, I'd try to do it in summer.

Edit: ^^^ That too. I'd still rather do it in summer though.
lol @ paying for education
Anyway, I'd screw it and go on tour when I'd have the time. Why can't you negociate with the label to tour the summer instead? Can't you do studio in the winter instead?
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
Anyway, I'd screw it and go on tour when I'd have the time. Why can't you negociate with the label to tour the summer instead? Can't you do studio in the winter instead?

Its called University. The place where clever people go.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by The^Unforgiven

What is this I don't even...

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by MH400

It's free in Finland. At least, it is for Finns, anyway.
Quote by MH400

It's also called University (Yliopisto in the Finnish language, to be exact) in Finland, it's just that it's free around here. Well, not free exactly, but paid for by the government for anyone who's good enough to get in.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Last edited by The^Unforgiven at Jul 19, 2010,
Quote by kornfire15
going on tour doesn't guarantee you will make money

I would think twice about signing that contract.
Nope, Uni comes first.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
I'd say depends on what the label is offering you. Can't you take a year off from school?

Edit: I just realized it's a hypothetical situation so I would take an year off
I'd tour. I would try and get the tour pushd back, and do online classes and all that, but if it came down to, you HAVE to tour now or some cataclysmic event will stop you from touring. I would go
no sir away a papaya war is on
I wouldn't, mostly because I hate traveling and I actually like school (when you don't get loaded with work)

/nerd
Quote by The^Unforgiven
It's also called University (Yliopisto in the Finnish language, to be exact) in Finland, it's just that it's free around here. Well, not free exactly, but paid for by the government for anyone who's good enough to get in.

And in turn paid for by you. lol@you for paying for education.
****ing go on tour seriously, making money is something most people in america can do if they work hard. the problem is most people don't have the courage to try.

Yet most people will never get the chance to go on tour even if they try just as hard
Quote by inlinetobethene
****ing go on tour seriously, making money is something most people in america can do if they work hard. the problem is most people don't have the courage to try.

Yet most people will never get the chance to go on tour even if they try just as hard

I doubt that he would make as much money as he's thinking. Most tours like the one he described makes shit money.
Go on tour and finish up your studies when you have the time, after the tour. You can easily do it, at least here in Canada.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

In most courses you can defer your application, or your next year of college, so if i could do that, i would definitely go.

If was denied the deferral, then i would have to sit back and really think about it. It would depend on how things were going in college, whether i could do the year through distance learning, where the tour was going, what the venues were like etc.
Quote by darkcheef
I doubt that he would make as much money as he's thinking. Most tours like the one he described makes shit money.

my adhd gets in teh wayz

I 'ment take this opportunity cause it may not come again but university will
Quote by TheChaz
And in turn paid for by you. lol@you for paying for education.

Well, you pay taxes, don't you? It's just where the tax income is directed at <:
Gear:

Ashton AG200,
Quote by Zoot Allures
Almost all major labels screw every band they sign out of as much money as they possibly can once costs are taken off.

Perhaps, but you do all that touring for something.

There's no way they just throw you a couple hundred and send you on your way.