I'm not sure what is to blame here: the amp, the cable, or the headphones. The problem is that the sound from the amp still sounds very low even with the bass turned all the way down, treble all the way up and mid is at about 5.5 or so. The guitar has 2 pickups and a switch to select which pickup is active and I have only the one closest to the bridge active, so it should produce a higher sound. It all started a week or so ago when I took the guitar to a friend's house outside on a particularly humid day and the ends of the cable may have gotten moisture on them as I noticed that the sound changed after I wiped the ends with my shirt. I did this because it sounded *very* low and even though the drive was turned to 0, for some reason the sound produced was still distorted. Anyway, it sounded slightly better when I wiped the ends of the cable.

And now, since I usually have most time to play at night, I've got headphones plugged in with a 1/4" adapter (which recently broke apart and I put all the pieces back together) and the sound is low again. And when I palm mute notes, there is a hum at the end. Palm muted notes used to be very abrupt and sounded very clean, but now there is a hum at the end and it sounds, frankly, like shit. I took out the headphones to see if the amp would make the same sound and it did.

So I'm not sure what the problem is or how to fix it. If any of that makes sense to anybody, I would appreciate some advice.

For reference, my equipment:

Cable: Planet Waves 1/4" Circuit Breaker http://goo.gl/Iq6h
Amp: Line 6 Spider IV 30W http://goo.gl/3x86
Guitar: Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6 http://goo.gl/m6wC
Last edited by xDynaBlade at Jul 19, 2010,
If I had to guess, I'd say it's the cable. Try your guitar and cable on a buddies amp and see is it makes the same sound.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
If I had to guess, it might just be one your knobs that's not turned on. Gain, master volume or something. Otherwise, it might the cable or your pick-up.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

tone knob rolled off maybe? try rolling that back up.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
my guess would be low quality headphone speakers, the PW cables have 90% transparency according to the specs, and they are what i`ve been using for over 2 years without any issues, what make are the headphones?
Quote by ibanezgod1973
my guess would be low quality headphone speakers, the PW cables have 90% transparency according to the specs, and they are what i`ve been using for over 2 years without any issues, what make are the headphones?

It's a Plantronics headset...heh... I have 2 of them so I just wired one of them to use for the 1/4" adapter.