I have an AC30C2, and whilst its amazing, it's still not quite Brian May-esque - even with the BM guitar.

What treble boosters are out there that are cheap and will get me a good Brian May tone? I'm in New Zealand so shipping might be a slight issue, but nothing too major.

Thanks
i dont know of any just treble boosters but you might just want to look into an EQ pedal, or try using a strat, from your pics it looks like you only have humbuckers
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Nah, they're single coils that can be put in-series to become humbuckers. It's a replica of the Red Special from Brian May Guitars.
oh ok nice. i searched treble boost and this is the only thing that came up. other than that id say go with an eq pedal. unfortunately i sort of dont believe in them so i cant help you ive never really used one lol

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Electro-Harmonix-Screaming-Bird-Treble-Booster-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-620033-i1447538.gc
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by ACDCfrontman
I have an eh screaming bird, there's definitely better boosters out there but it gets the job done fine for me. You can't really go wrong for $40 with the adapter included

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Electro-Harmonix-Screaming-Bird-Treble-Booster-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-620033-i1447538.gc

lol
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
eh screaming bird.
i've got one. it does what it says it does.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOBsRdjSgc0

EDIT: seems like a pretty nice pedal actually, true bypass and everything, sounds great.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Jul 19, 2010,
Quote by Linqua5150
unfortunately i sort of dont believe in them

What do you mean you don't believe in them? They're not like the boogey man... Brian May uses them, same with Rory Gallagher (well... he DID) and others. I'd rather not have to pay like $200 or $300 for an official Fryer booster though.
i like to get my tone from the amp itself, all tubes man.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
No offence, but if you don't know what treble boosters are and don't really believe in pedals, then was it a good idea to post on the thread that wants a treble booster suggestion?
im sick, bored, and can put myself in other players shoes. just tryin to help man. besides, everyone else recommended the same thing i did so i dont think im completely wrong :p
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
I wouldn't suggest the Screaming Bird. All it does is uncontrollably boost your treble. When you turn the pedal down it doesn't change how much treble is being boosted, just how loud it is. It's really not that great in my opinion.
If you have any soldering skills you could probably build yourself one for pretty cheap. Treble boosters are pretty simple circuits and schematics are easily found on the web.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
I would, but I have absolutely no idea of how to do any wiring or anything like that. Yes, i'm a failure of a man.

Just to clarify, i'm not after an increase in treble that could be obtained through an EQ, but rather a dedicated treble booster ala the one Brian May uses to get his tone
As an owner of a screaming bird treble booster i would say.. If you're not willing to modify it don't bother getting one.

What the screaming bird does is it sort of cuts out all the bass and midrange and boosts the very very high treble frequencies. And the "boost" knob is just a volume control. Unless you change capacitor values in the input and output stage it's not really usable.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp