Hey when i play bends my fingers like nip the string above and cause it to ring horribly. I do realise to stop this u should just push it down with the hand but for example a fast repeating lick over 2 strings where the 14th Fret G string is bent a full step and then the 12th and 15th are played on the B string i cannot manage to stop this unwanted noise because if i use the other technique it is too slow. WHat is the flaw in my fretting hand technique??
Learn to palm mute.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
learn to mute with your picking hand, use one of your fingers to touch the adjacent string to stop it ringing out
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
I am also having this similar problem a lot of times when I try to do bendings. But I still cannot figure out how to mute with my picking hand. My picking hand won't come in time to mute the adjacent string after striking the actual string. Any videos on this technique?
Learn to palm mute.

Do u mean like resting my palm on the bridge so its is muting the string above or do u mean using my thumb and pushing down because if i do this it is to slow.
Palm muting is resting the palm of your picking hand on the strings that you are not using. It keeps strings from ringing out when you want them to be silent. I usually use palm muting to keep strings 3-6 quiet, and use fingers on my left hand that aren't fretting notes to quiet the first and second strings.
In that specific case, i would play the bending note with a downstroke and following with another downstroke in a sweep motion on the B string and simultaneously muting the G string with the thumb. Then play the D note on the B string with an upstroke or hammer-on and start again with a downstroke on the G string.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by vEr5eX
I am also having this similar problem a lot of times when I try to do bendings. But I still cannot figure out how to mute with my picking hand. My picking hand won't come in time to mute the adjacent string after striking the actual string. Any videos on this technique?

For bending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRjU89TCd40

and muting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UREjOcJP52U

I hope that helps