Basically I spent a large chunk of last night listening to Loveless and have come to the conclusion that I need to find as many songs as possible that are as close as I can get to Sometimes.

It might just be my sleep deprived state of mind but right now that whole slower side of the album with the really fuzzy tone is really REALLY appealing and I would quite like to find as much of it as I can.

So... any suggestions from you good people of the indie forum for a poor lost metalhead?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The Twilight Sad
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Loving the Jesu stuff, brilliant rec there and I can't believe I never checked them out sooner

Not liking The Twilight Sad so much to be honest, a little too up tempo and close to standard Indie to my ears, I really am looking more for that kind of slower, fuzzy sound that MY Bloody Valentine got on the one song. Also bears a lot in common with Alcest...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Also bears a lot in common with Alcest...

So. Effing. Good.

I saw them in Philly the other month. Amazing.

I'll make a list later tonight...

For now, for those not in the know... Alcest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc3QnyGQMc8&feature=related The first time i listened to this song i got chills at 2:57... right after the acoustic part. (sike... i get chills like everytime that part comes on)

Have you listened to Bardo Pond? A liiiittle bit more on the psych side of shoegaze... but very sweet still: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HY1ywAZ_wE

I'll list more when i get home from work...
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Last edited by Din of Win at Jul 19, 2010,