I've got this cheap Washburn W114 and I'm thinking about buying active EMG-81 pickups. Humbucking fo sho. Is this a good idea? I mean, cheap sucky guitar and wonderful pickups... And I'm not sure if it fits, because I've never changed pickups on a guitar before.

Cheeeeers
Last edited by JzE at Jul 19, 2010,
It depends. I think you need to look at the quality of the component pieces of a guitar before you start pouring money into it. It would be pretty stupid forking out hundreds of pounds on pickups if the neck was a piece of shit.

So yeah, I guess my question would be is the guitar playable? Is the neck comfortable? Do the tuning posts hold the tuning?
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
It should fit. If you don't like it, you can always put it in another guitar - no harm done.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Too much hassle for a cheap guitar, even if it plays okay. Get Irongear Steamhammers at about £25 each if you want a decent sound for metal.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Giver.. I mean If you think the guitar is worth it why not? If you want to do it. You can alway take them out after or whatever.
yeah true, I can always put them into a new, better guitar if I want to

Thank you all ;D
I would save the money for a better guitar......
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
I think the better question is; what amp are you using?

No point in sinking money into the guitar if you're running through something shitty like a spider or MG
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings