I have been playing my new Schecter Diamond P for a little bit now, and it came strung with d'addario strings and i was wondering if that was a good type of string for my music style? I am playing mostly contemporary praise and worship and rock music.
the strings have nothing to do with the style of music you play.what should interest you is the instrument you play and the amp you have, those are the most important things that matter for what style of music you play.
Quote by SamMetalGuitar
the strings have nothing to do with the style of music you play.what should interest you is the instrument you play and the amp you have, those are the most important things that matter for what style of music you play.

I know what you mean, and agree. The equipment I have feels well suited towards my play-style. The main thing that I know that experimenting with bass strings is much more expensive than doing so on the guitar. I know that certain strings are going to be more so suited towards accomplishing a certain play-style. I am looking for some strings that will help me(i know that the tone is more controlled by me and my playing, but certain strings will help more than others will) accomplish a good and warm sound...but can also deliver a punchy low end when necessary. I hope that this clarifies that I am not a total noob that thinks that strings will fix everything. I am just looking for a point in the right direction to hopefully save a few $$.
First decide which type of bass string you prefer: Stainless Steel or Nickel-Plated. Nickel-Plated strings are a bit easier on your fingers and have less finger squeak when you slide up and down them. A lot of them tend to be brighter than their Stainless Steel counterparts, but not always. Stainless Steel strings usually have a more aggressive tone and more "bite" in the sound. The Dean Markley blue steels are a very good Stainless Steel string. For Nickel-Plated, try Dean Markley's Nickel Steel bass. GHS Boomers are a fine Nickel-Plated string and are available almost anywhere. They also don't coast an arm and a leg.

If you are playing in Church and don't want to stand out too much, you might consider flatwound strings. I've known a few people who do mostly worship / Praise music and they seem to like flatwounds. Let your ears be the judge.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
First decide which type of bass string you prefer: Stainless Steel or Nickel-Plated. Nickel-Plated strings are a bit easier on your fingers and have less finger squeak when you slide up and down them. A lot of them tend to be brighter than their Stainless Steel counterparts, but not always. Stainless Steel strings usually have a more aggressive tone and more "bite" in the sound. The Dean Markley blue steels are a very good Stainless Steel string. For Nickel-Plated, try Dean Markley's Nickel Steel bass. GHS Boomers are a fine Nickel-Plated string and are available almost anywhere. They also don't coast an arm and a leg.

If you are playing in Church and don't want to stand out too much, you might consider flatwound strings. I've known a few people who do mostly worship / Praise music and they seem to like flatwounds. Let your ears be the judge.

Thanks, and this was very informative. Might not go with the flatwounds, while we do some of the lower-key songs...a good portion of what we play is things like Jesus Freak, which is a very bass driven song, and things of that nature. I might give those Nickel Steel's a try.