Hey guys,

So basically my problem is that yesterday I changed strings of my guitar myself. This is my first Floyd Rose bridge guitar. (this the second string change since I bought it and the first one was done in a guitar shop) Strings are same gauge. When I am playing the guitar, strings hurt my fingers a lot. But the strange is that I have been playing guitar for 3 years and it never hurt like this. Since it is my first time of changing strings on a Floyd Rose guitar, I was wondering if I did something wrong.. What could have resulted in this? It seems strange.

Gear
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT (7 string bad-ass)
Esp Ltd Deluxe MH-1000 FR
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363
If you wanna learn how to play something, first you gotta listen it!

Last.fm
Quote by Rangor6363
Hey guys,

So basically my problem is that yesterday I changed strings of my guitar myself. This is my first Floyd Rose bridge guitar. (this the second string change since I bought it and the first one was done in a guitar shop) Strings are same gauge. When I am playing the guitar, strings hurt my fingers a lot. But the strange is that I have been playing guitar for 3 years and it never hurt like this. Since it is my first time of changing strings on a Floyd Rose guitar, I was wondering if I did something wrong.. What could have resulted in this? It seems strange.

Keep going at it... it will get better with time and practice.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
it sounds like you used a higher string gauge than the original (or the new ones show the real action height level)

either swap the strings out for a lighter gauge, get your action fixed,
or keep playing and you will get used to them
it really depends on if you like the action
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010