...and i have this problem, when i palm mute open strings or even just lower notes it gets WAY too bassy, the only remedy i've found if turning the bass ALL the way down, which destroys and good sound it had in the first place. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how do i fix this. Also i still have 25 days on the return policy so i CAN take it back and get something else in the same price range if i need to. Thanks in advance.
All American Guitarist
Gear:

Fender Mustang Special
Takamine G Series
Custom Painted Rogue Dreadnought
Bugera 2X12 Cab
Bugera V55 Head
Morley Tremonti Power Wah
Fuzz Fucker(handbuilt fuzz factory clone)
Maybe turn the treble/mids up.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Well it is tinny when i don't have the bass up unfortunately. I have the mids and highs up also. I have the bass around 5 mids on 4 and highs on 6. I'm running through a Bugera V55 Head and a Bugera 2x12 cab. On the clean channel of course.
All American Guitarist
Gear:

Fender Mustang Special
Takamine G Series
Bugera 2X12 Cab
Bugera V55 Head
Go back in time dont buy it. Crappy sounding pedal.

I recommend the barber dirty bomb, the bass is a bit overwhelming too, but theres a trim pot to control it internally.

Turn the mids down a bit too, dont scoop, about 9/10 oclock should tighten it up. Too much mids and bass make heavy tones sound flubby and loose, good in some circumstances, but not for generic metal.

^Try fiddling with the EQ on the amp too. Running the EQ on the amp flat is a good place to start.
Last edited by beckyjc at Jul 19, 2010,
I'm probably returning it today. I'm looking at the Metal Muff. I'm playing more Screamo/MEtalcore stuff. Can that get me the tone i need?
All American Guitarist
Gear:

Fender Mustang Special
Takamine G Series
Bugera 2X12 Cab
Bugera V55 Head
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Honestly i don't think a fuzz is what you want. I would try an OD first like a Hardwire CM-2 or a Fulltone OCD

...The Metal Muff isn't a fuzz...it's a distortion pedal.
The Metal Muff is a good pedal, I have The pocket Metal Muff and I love it. I should be able to do metalcore type music well.
Quote by darkwolf291
...The Metal Muff isn't a fuzz...it's a distortion pedal.
The Metal Muff is a good pedal, I have The pocket Metal Muff and I love it. I should be able to do metalcore type music well.

I was under the impression it was fuzz based like the big muff

I'm not an expert on the big muff/metal muff range by any means lol but I still stand by my other suggestions
Quote by AxSilentxLine
I was under the impression it was fuzz based like the big muff

I'm not an expert on the big muff/metal muff range by any means lol but I still stand by my other suggestions

That's understandable
But, the Metal Muff could probably do what he's looking for. But get the one with Top Boost.