Got my brand new ebow out of the box and put it against the strings of my bass. All it does is feed back. My pickups hum if I turn the tone up and it's a pretty beat up bass anyway, is this a guitar problem or is my ebow just broke?

Well...its not designed for a bass...so that might be the problem.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
it's the bass. they can be used on bass. they were initially for guitar, but the manual does say you can use it on bass, it just doesn't rest on the strings.
I could have sworn the title said 'elbow' at first.

The Ebow site would indicate that you're going to have to mess around with it until you can make it work. It's in the FAQ.
Quote by webbtje
I could have sworn the title said 'elbow' at first.

The Ebow site would indicate that you're going to have to mess around with it until you can make it work. It's in the FAQ.

lol great customer support
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by webbtje

siged
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
I almost bought one for bass, and honestly, there's a huge learning curve with an ebow. It also sounds like ass on the bass until you dick around with it for a few days. Keep at it, you'll get there!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I could see that working really well on a bass... Good luck, keep playing with it!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."