http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/23415

Hi Folks,
Pat Wright aka Woundstring here,
I am new and out of the habbit of "foruming" so be gentle with me

[B]Here is the deal:
I have entered into a Re-mix "CATALYST" featuring you competition with Linkin Park and indabamusic.com, and I NEED your help with the VOTE please.

I was referred to Ulimate-Guitar (the Pit) by a guitar student of mine who uses here a lot.
He advised that you guys and gals are the best place to seek support on matters like this, so I hope you can.

I would love you to all listen to my whole track as the BIG guitars appear at the 28 sec mark and build towards the end. I decided to add a tight SOLO also, so hopefully it impresses you all enough to warrant the VOTE and hopefully some help getting more votes to my version.

Here is the button to press to VOTE and also share the embeded widget if you like what I have done and want to help a fellow guitarist out

<object width="230" height="300" > <param name="movie" value="http://astor.indabamusic.com/flash/widgets/my_entry_v2.swf?submission_id=23415&contest_name=linkin-park-remix-contest&myspace=false&clearspring=false" /> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /> <embed src="http://astor.indabamusic.com/flash/widgets/my_entry_v2.swf?submission_id=23415&contest_name=linkin-park-remix-contest&myspace=false&clearspring=false" quality="high" width="230" height="300" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" > </embed> </object>
Last edited by Woundstring at Jul 19, 2010,
Quote by Speckled_Hen
Advertising much?

This is technically allowed I believe. Since we're helping him in a competition and he's not advertising goods, etc.

Also the thing that made me vote for him was that he said he "hoped" it impressed us enough to vote for him. Most people say "Vote for us please. Even though we suck".
So you register for a forum with the sole intention of getting votes in a competition?
hello
Quote by opc100
So you register for a forum with the sole intention of getting votes in a competition?

Maybe if you don't act like an ass to him, he'll stick around and be a good part of the community.

Anyway, voted. I thought it was pretty good.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Quote by InfiniteRain
Maybe if you don't act like an ass to him, he'll stick around and be a good part of the community.

Anyway, voted. I thought it was pretty good.

I just don't think it's right for someone to ask for votes from a forum they've never posted in before.
hello
Quote by opc100

And you probably registered here for the gay suprise buttsecks.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
Yeah, I'm not going to vote for somebody that just signed up to get votes. Sorry

EDIT:
Quote by opc100
I just don't think it's right for someone to ask for votes from a forum they've never posted in before.

Yeah, this.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Last edited by asator at Jul 19, 2010,
Quote by user_nameless
And you probably registered here for the gay suprise buttsecks.

Exactly.
hello
Quote by opc100
Exactly.

...Same here.

Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

I like kittens

PAROXYSM.
If I remembered my email, I would vote for it.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

I like kittens

PAROXYSM.
I don't get what's wrong with registering on a forum to ask for votes...the guy has to be a popular user for you to give him some time to vote? If you don't want to vote, don't vote. Don't act like you're morally superior.

roflolmaowtfbbqstupidkids

Voted. Good luck man.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
I don't get what's wrong with registering on a forum to ask for votes...the guy has to be a popular user for you to give him some time to vote? If you don't want to vote, don't vote. Don't act like you're morally superior.

Voted. Good luck man.

I'm not saying I'm "morally superior" to anybody. Just not going to vote for some random guy that's signed up just to ask for a favour. It's exactly the same as the spam companies signing up to advertise.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Firenze

Voted. Good luck man.

No, he doesn't have to be popular

He just has to spend time on the forum, or at least the site. I'm not going to vote for someone who just signs up, makes one post then leaves.
If you only signed up to the forum to get votes, its the same as advertising. I won't ban you, but please refrain from using the UG community as your personal vote army.

If you were already an established member with people on here that you know and talk to, it would be different, since you have "friends" that are helping you out... but to just sign up and expect the community to vote for you seems a bit off and bending the rules on advertising.

We hope you stick around and become part of the community, but I don't think its right to just signup and use the community.

Thanks.