i'm looking for a cheap bass i can basically just start on and mess about with, by cheap i mean like £20 sort of price, i'll probably re-paint it (rather badly) or whatever, it's just so i can mess about with a few mates, nothing serious nor is it for gigging. will consider a swap for my 335 replica thing (action is a little shoddy) or my fender strat (body isn't legit but the neck is real and i think pups might be too) in the merseyside/liverpool area of the UK

anyone help me out here?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Looking for a project type thing? I have a pink P bass with purple scratchplate. Electrics work. The neck is a bit screwed, as where the nut sits I've had to fill it all in with wood filler and place the nut on top of it, and it's a mess.

Would be ideal for scraping out the wood filler, and redoing the nut. Interested in either the strat or the 335 or some money..
yeh just looking for a bass i can prat about on at relatively low volumes. but ideally not looking for a project as such but as long as it'll be a quick fix, just something that works, with strings... not bothered about the colour or make either as i said, i plan to repaint.

you say the neck is a bit screwed, go into more detail or show pics? i'm not a carpenter/luthier but nor am i a novice.
also the 335 neck has a moderate bowing, not warped just bowed a bit... as in the 10-12th frets are twice the distance away from the strings as the 1st and 22nd. but it's still playable and all works fine.
awesome, what would you want for it?
Quote by Dempsey68
awesome, what would you want for it?

would u trade it for tht strat iv been after a strat to make a custom strat lol
probably not... for the strat i'm after possibly a 4string squier or something, not really into 5-string basses either sorry.
Quote by Dempsey68
probably not... for the strat i'm after possibly a 4string squier or something, not really into 5-string basses either sorry.

I'm gonna try and sort out the nut on the bass myself as it's too much of a mess to sell to someone as is. Will keep you posted..
cool. yeh keep me updated, as long as it's playable i'm really not THAT bothered but if you can sort it then that's cool.