Poll: Have you added your parents on facebook?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you added your parents on facebook?
Yes
59 30%
No
75 38%
They don't have facebook
64 32%
Voters: 198.
Page 1 of 3
My mum has just set up a facebook account to keep in touch with my sister who is currently in Malawi. Unfortunately my mum's trying to add me as a friend too and frankly... no.

So basically I'll keep ignoring the friend request until I have to delete my facebook account.

Has anyone else had any problems with parents or other family members trying to befriend you on facebook? I think it's a bit like writing a diary each day that you then give to your parents to read.
I have mine added. I don't post anything I wouldn't want them to see, whether or not I have them added. I don't put drama crap and talk about the party last night on Facebook. Just not a good idea, imo.
I've told mine that i don't want to be friends and they seemed fine with it, unless you have paranoid parent's i'de just explain you want to keep family life and what you do with your friends separate.
Where's the "I don't have/like Facebook" option?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I don't have anything incriminating on my facebook, but either way I blocked most of my relatives to avoid any kind of needless drama in the family.
They don't have facebook and I guess I'd add them, just put them in a group of friends with my sister where they can't see my wall or anything I do
Where is the "I added my step-mom and my mom that abandoned me when I was about 7 is on there for some weird reason but my dad doesn't have a Facebook" option?
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
my parents don't have facebook out of respect for me and my brother's privacy. That and they think facebook is retarded
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Yes, but my Dad's cool enough not to comment embarrasing shit on my statuses and wall posts.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I'm not emo, so I don't post anything personal on facebook, so I let everyone add me, and I don't worry about it.
My mum has facebook, but she doesn't want to see what i put on facebook anyway. I'd rather she didn't see what I got up to at uni
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

i have my parents and i actually like having them added. when one of my friends posts something funny, or when i put stuff in my sig, they always have some funny comment to say at the dinner table. we never post anything embarassing (except the ocasional picture, but thats a laugh as well). they're also in the loop for any shows we were playing (we post it there) and any other similar hangouts so they know where we are (and can avoid going there). it works out great i think!
They don't have it.. I have a hard enough time dealing with having a cousin in her 30s on there.. I'd delete her but I'm not a dick.

Never. Never f*ckin ever add your authoritarian family members on Facebook.
Yeah lol, both my parents, my sister, msot of my counsins lol, 3 of my aunteis lol.

yeah im kind of restrickted now on what I can post and cannot post now lol.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by Bearded_Seth
They don't have it.. I have a hard enough time dealing with having a cousin in her 30s on there.. I'd delete her but I'm not a dick.

Never. Never f*ckin ever add your authoritarian family members on Facebook.

My family members are cool on there. I cuss like a sailor and say shit I would say to anyone my age and they don't care.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I have my mum (after ignoring about 20+ requests to the point that she asked in person -_-) and now I'm forced to be more careful about shit I post. Photos from nights out for example where I've told her I went round a friend's house I can't post on my wall now, and if they do go on my profile I'm careful to not let her see them.

Ranting about her on the other hand goes straight to Twitter
I don't have a facebook but both my parents do.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
To be honest, if my family members were once shocked about me swearing, they aren't anymore after my status updates during football matches. >.>
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I added them because they were going to confiscate my computer if I didn't. I hide stuff from them anyway a lot of the time. I don't post things I'd be embarrassed of (most of the time), I just hide stuff I don't want brought up at the dinner table.
Last edited by cornmancer at Jul 19, 2010,
I wouldn't if they did have one. Too much shit with friends and in general that'd it'd be kinda awkward to have them know about.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
No. I think Dad has one, but no, he's not allowed to be my friend. There are far too many embarrassing photos/statuses on there.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by damian_91
Where's the "I don't have/like Facebook" option?
You're too much of a ****ing rebel to have a poll option.

My dad has facebook, and we're not friends.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I have my Mom and some aunts uncles and older cousins. My uncles always make fun of me for some of the stupid stuff I post. Its funny for the most part but if I ever go into hulk mode and post some angry stuff they tend to ignore it.
I don't have my mum added, and as far as I know she doesn't particularly want to add me either. The same can't be said for my sister, who adds me like every other day
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by element4433
You're too much of a ****ing rebel to have a poll option.

My dad has facebook, and we're not friends.

Now I'm not adding you on facebook
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by jgbsmith
my parents don't have facebook out of respect for me and my brother's privacy. That and they think facebook is retarded

It isn't? And I waste a lot of time SADLY in it too.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
My dad removed me as a friend... He said he really didn't want to know what I was doing. There is some "inappropiate" content on it. There's no way in hell I'd add my mother though.
I added my mom and grandmother.

Didnt see why not

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Added em both. My mum's on it fairly regular.
I don't change what i post etc. because she's on it, if anything it's kinda amusing when we both troll the same person together. We're on a kind of wavelength that means we'll pick up on what the other's trying to do and run with the joke.
I don't bother with facebook, although my mom does... In any case, i likely wouldn't add either if my dad had it too.
everything purple tastes like grape
everything blue tastes like blueberry
everything pink tastes like watermelon
everything red tastes like strawberry
everything orange tastes like orange
everything yellow tastes like lemon
I have both my parents, two of my aunties and alot of my cousins on facebook. I can see why you wouldn't add them (as facebook is one the last frontiers we have to ourselves to say/do whatever) but once you add your parents, you learn digretion in what you post and say, so you dont look like a retard online.
My mom has an account. I added her. I don't have anything on there that I wouldn't want her to see. I don't really do anything she'd get upset about anyway. I'm 22, so she obviously doesn't care that I'm going to parties and drinking.
Page 1 of 3