So, I've never really thought about before until my drummer and bassist brought it up at a practice, but announcing songs, should we do it at a gig? I mean, I can see how it can be annoying, but not so annoying it would drive out a crowd. We do both covers and originals, if that helps.

Thanks in advance.
I would say yes. It's not necessary to introduce every song, and I probably wouldn't announce the covers. All that said, as long as you speak into the mic clearly and with confidence/conviction, you'll get your message through and people will be into it. Just make sure you're not wasting time on stage, and that you capitalize on your interaction with the crowd.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Basically, just don't assume anything when you play a show. You're there to get your band name out, and if people are seeing you for the first time and obviously don't know your songs, you need to give them something to remember. Remember, the performance should come first and should be about having fun, but it's also a vehicle for getting you out in front of people.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
I usually introduce most of my songs, or at least stick a little banter in between them. The audience wants to be connected with, and you can't do that by staring blankly and talking amongst yourselves in between songs.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud