hi i'm Ink.

i bought a Schecter Lady Luck last month and i've just come to restringing it for the first time, i restring it just as i would any of my other guitars but instead of getting the right sound i get a strange tin buzz, also the strings are abnormally close to the neck.

if anyone can help me it would be really appreciated.
are the strings the same gage as before? did you change tunings?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Did you buy a different gauge of strings to the ones that were already on there?

You don't sound like you know what 'setting up' means, so I would reccomend that you either read up a lot about how to set up the action and intonation of a guitar, as well as trust rod adjustment, or you take your guitar to your local store and ask them to set it up for you.

The former takes a while to learn.

The later costs money.

You decide.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
yeah im just using standard gage 10's, i've used 2 packs of Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms and a pack of D'Addario XL. i use the ernie balls on my other 2 gutiars and they work fine.
You need to set up the Schecter, take it to a guitar tech at a guitar shop, they'll be able to do it for you pretty quickly, not sure what the going rate is where you are.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
the guys at my local gutiar shop are pretty friendly and will probably just run me through how to do it then charge me for the strings
did you get the strings stretched out and in tune?
i've been stretching the strings and i cant get it in tune cause of the buzzing, like i dont even get a note out of it, just a buzz
did you put heavy bottoms back on it? they have more tension than regular sets. so if you put a regular set on it the neck isn't getting the tension it had with the heavy bottoms. which would cause the buzz.

what strings are on there now? heavy bottoms or regular?

and yea, a local shop would get you set up, our local shop does it for $25 plus strings.
Awsome, it's good to have guys in your local store that are friendly like that.
Take it to them and have them teach you how to do a set up yourself, it's a brilliant thing to know how to do.
just the regular at the moment, i tried 2 sets of heavy bottoms at first cause those are my prefered strings, but it was giving me the buzz, so i tried using a set of the strings that came on the guitar but i've been having the same problem
yea just take it in. it sounds like it needs a truss adjustment.

a good set up is always worth it and they will show you what to do.