need some advice on pedalboard setup - just got a load of new gear and wanna get the best out of it.

this is how id set it up, but if you feel you can give a few pointers that would be great

Fender strat to -

Wah wah (Jim Dunlop)
Sovtek Black Russian muff pi
Marshall Jackhammer (overdrive)
Ibanez TS9
Boss BD2 - Blues driver
Keeley Compressor – 4 Knob
Seymour Duncan SFX-01 (pickup booster)
Boss AC-3 acoustic simulator
MXR 10 band EQ
Boss PS-5 (pitchshifter)
Digitech whammy
Small Stone Chorus – Electro Harmonix
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Boss TR-2 – Tremolo
Boss Giga-delay
Boss Dm-2 Analogue delay
Holy Grail reverb - Electro harmonix
Boss Noise suppressor
Tuner – Fender -

- to the amp

also if you know anything on power'ing it thatd be great too.

I used to use daisy chains but think this will ruin tone with so many pedals. id like a couple of DC Brick's but worried that the leads wont be long enough as i have a really large board and the distance between the power supply and the pedals might be a bit far.

can anyone give me some advice???

:-)
Last edited by bluenidge at Jul 19, 2010,
Aside from some base jealousy (I totally want a BOSS Giga-delay) I'd say grab an LS-2, should help with power issues etc. You're going to want to grab some kind of power brick. Dumlop and a bunch of other companies make bricks that you can change the plug ins on (although the additional plug ins are sold seperate). Saves money on 9v in the long run but it will cost you a bit up front.

As far as the daisy chains concerned... rig it up and start tweaking each pedal, should only take about a week (lol). I've had a long string of BOSS pedals (8+, no where near as much as yours) hooked-up with minimal tone variance. GL
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
hey, so you can buy the power bricks and then buy additional leads at differing lengths??
I don't know what you mean by leads, I'm horrible w/ terminiology.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dunlop-DC-Brick-Multi-Power-Supply-105495402-i1124423.gc

http://www.jimdunlop.com/files/1145589533_dcb10_manual.pdf

Basically most power cables are compatible. If you get into a different power formats you can special order plugs and/or ports.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200