I have a sustain pedal for my midi keyboard that seems to work the opposite of how a real pianos sustain pedal works. When I first load up a sample it is fine but when I first tap the sustain pedal I get infinite sustain. That is if I tap the pedal and not hold it down. After the first tap I get indefinite sustain unless I hold the pedal down which causes the sample to be played like normal. So in short, I play the sample as normal I get infinite sustain, I hold the pedal down I have no sustain. I'm guessing this isn't how it should work and was wondering if anyone has had this problem/may know how to fix it.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
i'm not sure i completely understand what's going on, but... what pedal do you have? a lot of pedals have a switch hidden somewhere on them that reverses it.
yeah my explanation was kind of bad. Think of a regular pianos sustain pedal. You hold down the pedal hit a note and it keeps sustaining until you let your foot off the pedal. mine does the opposite of that.

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
Is the pedal pushed down when you turn on the keyboard? That's what mine does. If the pedal is down when the keyboard is turned on, it sustains when the pedal isn't pushed. Try turning it off, making sure the pedal isn't being pushed down, and then turn it on.
well I'll be. there was a switch on a bottom that I flicked that fixed the problem. Strange I wonder how the switch got moved in the first place. Oh well, thanks for your help though.

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god