Hi guys I'm trying to learnt he song welcome to the black parade by MCR. The verse is sorta difficult for me because its all palm muting. I practiced it with guitar pro, and I can get it at 75% speed perfectly but when I try 100%, I tire out half way through. Any tips on how I can work on this?

Thanks in Advance
Last edited by corrupt_freedom at Jul 19, 2010,
is there a good way for practicing stuff like this? I usually just play it over and over untill my hands give out
No, you usually have to practice by doing it.

Also: Taking a break and working on something else for awhile, then coming back to the thing you were having trouble with usually does wonders.
Quote by RU Experienced? , bass-man9712

Quote by DecaPodge
I love you.
I usually find that after practicing something for a while, it's only until a few days later that my hands have mysteriously picked up the muscle memory. It seems like my skill increases in steps, as opposed to a gradual slope.
Learn to play it at 76% speed and all the other speeds inbetween before worrying about 100%.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Concat
I usually find that after practicing something for a while, it's only until a few days later that my hands have mysteriously picked up the muscle memory. It seems like my skill increases in steps, as opposed to a gradual slope.

I can relate to that, I tend to get frustrated with a song, give it up for a little while and pick it up again later with more ease.

Everyone learns different =p
Quote by RU Experienced? , bass-man9712

Quote by DecaPodge
I love you.
Quote by corrupt_freedom
is there a good way for practicing stuff like this? I usually just play it over and over untill my hands give out

Bolded part tells me you might be doing something wrong; you need to be relaxed when you're playing- it should never be a huge effort.

...and I mean NEVER...even when playing fast stuff (yes, really!).
Quote by corrupt_freedom

````
This , and keep doing it . you'll get there i bet ...