so I was gonna try out my new DD7 and SM200 today, only to realize my guitar was still at the rehearsal room and my amp was at my appartment, while the pedals were at my parents' place... things like these really annoy me 'cause I always like to keep all my things together. which made me wonder, how do you guys do this? I'm guessing not everyone has the funds here to buy everything twice so does that mean you're always moving guitars and pedal boards around?

just curious, as always...
Quote by tubetime86
Most people don't give a shit about tone... We are the exception, not the rule.

I probably am a bit more rule than exception though
Yes, most people have to move things around to places that they want/need them to be, just like most things in life.

This is why bands have roadies and things.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
that's a really comical reply, seeing as I work for Kick backline, a company which does nothing but moving instruments around...

what I was trying to hear were sad stories about pedalboards falling open in the subway because you also had to carry a bagpack and a guitarcase... more on a smaller scale, I guess.
Quote by tubetime86

I USED to have a bag (my old sculpture bag which had (still has) sticks and twigs in) and i'd put my pedals and adapters in that bag then carry them where i needed them.

And yes - i am being serious.

Since then i've upgraded to a Merrel shoe-box.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Now everything is at my parents place, but when I'm in school one guitar and my Classic 50 is at my parents, and I think the other guitar, pedalboard and Toneport GX with me to college.
I have my whole rig in my room, because my new room is huge and I have a drumset in there too. I also keep a random 4x12 in my drummer's room, because he has a kit in there too... I told him to just make it a shelf so that if he wants to jam with his kit I can just move my head and pedalboard.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I have my whole rig in my room, because my new room is huge and I have a drumset in there too. I also keep a random 4x12 in my drummer's room, because he has a kit in there too... I told him to just make it a shelf so that if he wants to jam with his kit I can just move my head and pedalboard.

musical equipment being used as furniture always gives me the shivers - makes me think about the story about a guitar tech who knocked a coke over a keyboard five minutes before showtime. the keyboard tech took the keyboard apart on the spot, hair-dried every bit, screwed everything back together, uttered a prayer and switched the keyboard back on - finding it to work, to everybody's relief...

but I guess it's a whole different ballgame with a cabinet, I can see how that could make a really cool shelf actually
Quote by tubetime86

When I'm playing with a band, I usually keep my stage amp there, and a second amp at home,and then move a guitar + board.

When I do hired gun work I have to load everything up (obviously), whichis where my quarter stack>your half stack.

At the moment I'm overseas with a guitar, a little Vox DA15, and 4 of my favorite pedals. The rest of my gear is sitting in my basement packed up in road cases halfway across the world I misses it...