Can someone possibly recommend me some uncoloured headphones for mixing/monitoring please, i'm starting to do recordings and i don't really have room for speakers. My budget is anything upto £150.

Thanks in advance
I'm using Sennheiser HD380 Pro's at the moment, they do great for the purpose of mixing/monitoring! And they cost like 120€, don't know how much pounds that is...

And they're closed cans so also good for tracking and the like!
There are no cans that wont color the sound...they were never made to mix and master on but work to track parts with. If you really want to mix, get a set of studio monitors. KRK Rokit 6 are darn good for the price.

http://www.bluebearsound.com/articles/headphones.htm

but if you MUST have headphones, I've been working with Grado Labs SR80s for 3 years now and they are very nice. The Senn HD280s tend to color the sound quite a bit on the low end and I've yet to try the AKG 240s but everyone in radio tends to like them for some reason.....just too expensive for me.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 19, 2010,
sennheisers are the best that i have heard personally for that price range. to me, they sounded very accurate, but i've never really tried many higher end cans.
Quote by moody07747
There are no cans that wont color the sound...they were never made to mix and master on but work to track parts with. If you really want to mix, get a set of studio monitors. KRK Rokit 6 are darn good for the price.

http://www.bluebearsound.com/articles/headphones.htm

Yeah, i have heard this, i'm not sure about how i'll be able to fit Monitors into my home studio setup, and they also cost alot more. i'll definatly look into Monitors when i get a job, but for basic mixes i'll need to use Headphones/Cans.
Quote by MightyOwned
However, since you did not ask for monitors, the Audio Technica ATH-M50's are heavily regarded as some of the best headphones for the price. Many love them, and some even mix/master on them (since they don't have room for monitors/can not afford them).

Wow, they do look good. Good price, good reviews. i think these are top of the list!

Thanks alot for the input .