I'm gonna buy a Strat in about a weeks time, I've never really played a strat that I liked appart from a friends 62 re-issue, but the other ones I've played have been very low end guitars.
I've got a budget of about £400 and was thinking Mexican, I visited the shop the other week and the assistant said that Japanese ones were better than the Mexican, not sure if this is true or not. I did'nt get to try any because I didn't have the time to wait.
Any suggestions people? I liked the 62 re-issue I played but I really haven't got £1,700 at my disposal at the moment, I need this guitar for 1 song that we play in our band (I still love my SG's, it's not to replace them) so it needs to be good enough for playing at gigs.

Thanks in advance.
Del.
why are you buying a guitar for one song? cant you buy a pedal that'll do that? (i forget which it is, but there's one thats supposed to take a humbucker and make it sound more like a single coil...). somebody else here might remember the name of it.

anyway, the store guy was right. the japanese strats are much better (in my opinion, better than most american made ones).
you should to find a made in japan '62 ri strat. i lucked out and found one, sick strat for the money. they show up on ebay often enough. i'd say it's def a better build than the MIM units, by a lot.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The Made in Japan are better than the Mexicos, but they MIMs are good. My deluxe I have is a step up from the standard and I love it.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by User_Name336
why are you buying a guitar for one song? cant you buy a pedal that'll do that? (i forget which it is, but there's one thats supposed to take a humbucker and make it sound more like a single coil...). somebody else here might remember the name of it.

anyway, the store guy was right. the japanese strats are much better (in my opinion, better than most american made ones).

Click on the link in my sig that says ROCKSMITH and listen to a song called "tomorrow" and then you'll understand why I want to get a strat.