Poll Options
View poll results: Fender USA or Fender Japan
Fender Japan
4 24%
Fender USA
13 76%
Voters: 17.
Hi all,

Can someone please tell me the difference between a Fender USA guitar and a Fender Japan guitar !

additional information will also be helpful,

Thanks
where it's made, who made it, and what it's made of.

also when? now or 20 years ago?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Ok, the guitar im looking at is the Fender Jaguar HJG-66KC

there is a USA one and a Japanese one, and there is a huge price difference. Is it worth buying the American made one or not?
Quote by Marcado
Ok, the guitar im looking at is the Fender Jaguar HJG-66KC

there is a USA one and a Japanese one, and there is a huge price difference. Is it worth buying the American made one or not?

how do they feel/sound?

generally i would say they are about the same level of build quality. the electronics may be better on one over another, but that's debatable.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
They really are basically the same. The only real difference is usually the American plants get the very best parts and the Japanese plant gets the second best, although sometimes it is the other way around. Usually it's next to impossible to tell the difference between a MIJ Fender and a MIA Fender. Personally I don't think there is any reason to pick one over the other opther than if you intend to modify the instrument; MIJ guitars are nromally made to metric dimensions and MIA guitars are almost always made to imperial dimensions. This means some parts are very, very slightly spaced differently (we're talking 0.005 of an inch or 0.1mm here). If you want to swap parts out, you need to make sure that whatever parts you are getting fit the guitar properly, so if you can only get hold of imperial parts but the guitar is made to metric spacing then you might have to do a little extra work.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.