I can get very good pinch harmonics going on 4 strings ( e B G D) but on the last 2 thickets strings I pretty much can't get any going at all.

Am I doing something wrong, does this just come with practice?

Would practicing pinch harmonics using chromatic runs be a good idea?

Thanks this is kind of weird because I was always told the thinner strings would be the hardest but I can get them easily...
Practice, and more practice, also add a shitload of vibrato.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
pinch harder and in differant places to your other strings, also throw the strings about, dont be scared to put i out of tune
Quote by damian_91
Practice, and more practice, also add a shitload of vibrato.

Yeah I find the vibrato helps bring them out more I just can't seem to get anything out of the 2 thick strings.

Do you recommend doing chromatic exercises but pinching every note? In fact I'd like to try improving my vibrato through that as well, good idea?
Quote by -TM-
Yeah I find the vibrato helps bring them out more I just can't seem to get anything out of the 2 thick strings.

Do you recommend doing chromatic exercises but pinching every note? In fact I'd like to try improving my vibrato through that as well, good idea?

You can always try and see if it works for you. Are you using the bridge pickup by the way?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by damian_91
You can always try and see if it works for you. Are you using the bridge pickup by the way?

Yeah, I've tried both but find the bridge one picks them up better.

Perhaps if I switch to the neck pickup and practice on it, when I move to the bride pickups it will be easier?
Quote by -TM-
Yeah, I've tried both but find the bridge one picks them up better.

Perhaps if I switch to the neck pickup and practice on it, when I move to the bride pickups it will be easier?

You won't pick them so easily with the neck pickup, practice with the bridge one, add some more gain and gradually reduce gain/move on to the neck pickup when you feel they're coming more easily.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
the knots of clear harmonics on thicker strings are located closer too the bridge.. at least that's what i've learned
Quality of your pickups matter in my experience. I've had a cheap starter Ibanez for the last 4 years and like you I couldn't get any pinch harmonics on the E and A strings, although my technique was pretty good... I recently upgraded to an Ibanez prestige and on that guitar I can get loud squealing harmonics with no effort on the E and A. Same technique, different outcome.

So you might want to upgrade your pickups, also try moving the pickups closer to your strings, that should help somewhat.
Higher gain, more vibrato, also I find that I use a slightly different angle when doing the lower strings. I don't really know how to explain, so just experiment with different angles and positions maybe?
I wonder who told you that it is harder to pinch on higher strings ...lol
i find B the easiest , G easier .
but lower 2 are pain in the stomach
so i'd say do them harder , and get a good angle from your pick .
Try striking the string slightly harder and faster than you normally would, also add a ton of vibrato.
I used to have trouble with pinch harmonics on the low E, but working on the intro to "We're Not Gonna Fall" sorted that out for me.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.