So i'm interested in starting to record some stuff, just for me, like to pass the time, not to sell or anything really

i have a pod xt live which i want to run into my computer to get my tone, i know it's not the best but i figure it'll be easiest

i know i will also need a recording software (any free ones that are decent?)

and other than that what else do i need?

and would i just use usb to connect the two?

thanks
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Reaper is a great program with a 30 day free trial. It's a bit complex but it's a truly great program.

Another program you could use would be Audacity but it's nowhere near as powerful as Reaper, and you can't really edit well with Audacity.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
audacity is pretty good for free
and you shouldn't need anything else besides you know a guitar, cable, computer..
Bass: Ibanez SR505

THERE'S
BLOOD
IN
THE
WATER
alright, any suggestions on how to start or tips stuff like that?
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
well this is a problem... i tried connecting my pod to my computer with a usb, and then downloaded audacity, but i can't find a way to record via usb

do i need to get drivers for my pod?

ps. my dad bought it used, so i can't register it, which sucks
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Audacity is a horrible, horrible recording program.

Download Reaper, it is completely free, even past the "30 Day Trial," you just have to wait 5 seconds at startup and click "Still Evaluating." It utterly destroys Audacity in every single possible way.

And yes, you will need to download the ASIO drivers for the POD to get it to work.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 20, 2010,
Quote by MatrixClaw
Audacity is a horrible, horrible recording program.

Download Reaper, it is completely free, even past the "30 Day Trial," you just have to wait 5 seconds at startup and click "Still Evaluating." It utterly destroys Audacity in every single possible way.

And yes, you will need to download the ASIO drivers for the POD to get it to work.

care to be pal and walk me through this? never done it before
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Quote by Metalmaker
well this is a problem... i tried connecting my pod to my computer with a usb, and then downloaded audacity, but i can't find a way to record via usb

do i need to get drivers for my pod?

ps. my dad bought it used, so i can't register it, which sucks
You need to download the software. So contact customer support and see if they can change the registration over. I just sold a Pod XT today. Before the guy left I showed him deleting the PodXT from my account. You should try to register it and if it fails contact customer support.