Hi!
I might be a noob, but after trying the search engine with no luck I post it here

1. Are there similarities between styles of music and strings used?

2. I use a jackson with double humbucker mics, I play mostly heavymetal and also some neoclassical, would certain strings fit a certain type of mic better than other?
sweden on tour
1. Not really, unless you're using specialized strings like flatwounds. The gauge often increases with amount of gain used/modernity of the music, but string construction is rather uniform across genres.

2. Not really. The usual nickel plated steel is by far the most common type of string for a reason.
Quote by guskarlw
Hi!
I might be a noob, but after trying the search engine with no luck I post it here

1. Are there similarities between styles of music and strings used?

2. I use a jackson with double humbucker mics, I play mostly heavymetal and also some neoclassical, would certain strings fit a certain type of mic better than other?

1. Not really, of course people who downtune will need heavier string gauges.

2. Those things on your guitar are called pickups, not mics.
However, I'd say if you don't need droptunings (except Drop D), you should be fine with 9's or 10's.

Brands of strings are a preference-thing, I like D'Addarios, maybe you like GHS or Ernie Ball or whatever better, you have to try out some and decide yourself.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
no absolutely. if you use the wrong strings you will not be able to make the right sounds out of your guitar.

flatwounds will not distort. science fact.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer