Hello fellow gearheads!

Today while i was at home watching tv my door bell rang, what a strange thing to happen i thought to myself, seeing as most if my friends were away on vacation but fair enough i opened the door. When i opened the door there stood before me a young man who claimed he was from DHL, he wanted my autograph in exchange for the packages he was carrying. I accepted and was granted my packages.

My cat was just as puzzled as i was at this event.

In the first box, which was big and flat was this.

But ofcourse! I thought to myself. It was the amazing Album by Fang Island i had ordered last week.

But...

What was in the other box?

I opened it...

Pulled out the smaller box...

What is that?

It is...

WAIT FOR IT!

A Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz!

I ordered this monster only friday and i got it today on monday. Amazingly fast service i have to say.

I snapped a gut shot cause i know you guys love that

Review and clips comin´ right up
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Review:

So i've only had the pedal for about 4 hours and have not even nearly tried out everything this pedal is capable of but here is what i think of it so far.

Just looking at it you can see that it's a beautiful pedal, the artwork is really classy and well made, it's a pedal that you certainly isn't ashamed of. The build seems very sturdy and the wiring is a true piece of art, not to mention the great painting on the inside. It's all fit well into a MXR style casing, it definetly seems to be built to last.

Now, moving on to the sound department. This pedal is to say the absolute least, very versatile(emphasis on very). The first thing i wanted to do was dial in a Billy Corgan sort of gigantic fuzz tone, the Musket did it like it was the only thing it was meant for. It did it way better than any Big Muff i have ever tried, it has perfect balance between agression and calmness, just like Billys tone.

Then i tried to go for a more Jack White styled tone chich after some fiddling with the knobs it did like a charm. I cranked my Reverb and played Steady as she goes and whaddya know! The Musket prevails again.

I managed to get many tones between them but i have yet to find my special place on the pedal that is just for me and doesn't mimic anyone else.

Now i play many different genres but major in post punk and alternative rock(think Dinosaur Jr.) and i can tell this pedal will be perfect for me, i still have alot of pedals left until i consider my board complete but this is really a great start to find such a good base for my dirt sound.

I give the Musket Fuzz a 9/10 seeing as it did way more than i expected.

I can upload clips tomorrow, it's to late to record now.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

Last edited by Gord@k at Jul 19, 2010,
/hi5 for New Muff Day

Nice pedal, i hear it's based on the Civil War Muff right?

Happy new pedal day
Quote by stykerwolf
/hi5 for New Muff Day

Nice pedal, i hear it's based on the Civil War Muff right?

Happy new pedal day

Thank you

Yep it's based on a civil war muff.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by ze monsta
sweeeet. a lotta people been getting these recently.

Yeah the guy i ordered from said these pedals have been selling like crazy lately, they had gone from having 40 of them in stock to just 1 since february.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

I am somewhat considering one, they're one of the few Fuzzes I like.

Awesome paintjob of those things too.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
HNPD man. The demos of these sound great.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Pets as a literary device is always a nice touch but did you really think we need so many pics of a cardboard box being opened? Two of the pedal and four of the packaging?

HNPD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Pets as a literary device is always a nice touch but did you really think we need so many pics of a cardboard box being opened? Two of the pedal and four of the packaging?

HNPD

IT was mostly due to me not being able to take pictures good(i can't feel my hands at all due to an accident when i was young so my hands shake extremely much) so i can't really be picky about the pictures i take. But i'll remember that in the future.

Anyways recording some clips.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

Last edited by Gord@k at Jul 20, 2010,
How can you play guitar with stuffed hands? I broke my wrist and had to totally change my technique. After 20 years I had to almost completely relearn how to play guitar so I feel for you.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
How can you play guitar with stuffed hands? I broke my wrist and had to totally change my technique. After 20 years I had to almost completely relearn how to play guitar so I feel for you.

I have slight feeling on my fingertips so i can coordinate, the rest i do simply by intuition. I started to play after i lost my feeling in my hands so everyone told me it was impossible and i would never learn. I do everything pretty differently than most guitarists though, my bends are 100% done by wrist for example.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

This thread made me check out this pedal in more depth, it looks/sounds awesome. I just ordered one

Thanks for pointing me toward this pedal, I can't wait to get some super fuzzy White Stripes and Black Keys stuff going now!
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
Jealous.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I have one too, number 125 :d

it's the best antidote for a fuzz addiction :d,
I'm thinking of getting the fix'ed fuzz aswell