Anyone have any experience with one of these? I've listened to the sound clip on the danelectro site and like what I hear, but as it's trying to sell their product I figured it best to ask how accurate that clip is? And generally is the danelectro series good quality, value for money, etc? And does a stratocaster sound good through one?
I've never actually bought an effect pedal before, so sorry if I seem a bit of a noob.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
The cool cat range are fantastic value for money. Haven't got the Vibe but do own the fuzz. Really tough enclousere, Hefty switch, doesent suck tone. The only problem i have is the knobs are in an annoying place to tweak but yeah. And if you believe the interenet rumor mill then they're mainly copies of some expensive boutique pedals. But no ones really proved it yet.

Its apperantly a Univibe clone.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
from what i hear (i haven't tried it) there's a delay before the effect kicks in. worth bearing in mind.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by cliff_em_all
The cool cat range are fantastic value for money. Haven't got the Vibe but do own the fuzz. Really tough enclousere, Hefty switch, doesent suck tone. The only problem i have is the knobs are in an annoying place to tweak but yeah. And if you believe the interenet rumor mill then they're mainly copies of some expensive boutique pedals. But no ones really proved it yet.

Its apperantly a Univibe clone.
Yes they have. The "rumor" started when some guys on freestompboxes mapped out the pedals and they turned out to be clones of pedals like the Paul C Timmy, Frantone Peach Fuzz, Fulltone OCD, etc. Its not really a rumor at all the schematics are online.

Danelectro even changed the design of their Transparent Overdrive when Paul Cochrane expressed his distaste for the copying his design.
I've tried it out and I really liked what I heard. For a 60 dollar pedal it sounds incredible! It isn't quite as authentic sounding as the most expensive vibes... but it's the best vibe I've heard under 150 bucks...

Pros: Great vibe sound, very solid, cheap

Cons: Not quite as "complex" sounding as boutique vibes, The mix knob is strange and dosen't really work like a mix knob, the effect does take about 3-5 seconds to work after it is engaged.

Even considering those cons... I would highly recommend it.... very good value!
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by Leeav
I've tried it out and I really liked what I heard. For a 60 dollar pedal it sounds incredible! It isn't quite as authentic sounding as the most expensive vibes... but it's the best vibe I've heard under 150 bucks...

Pros: Great vibe sound, very solid, cheap

Cons: Not quite as "complex" sounding as boutique vibes, The mix knob is strange and dosen't really work like a mix knob, the effect does take about 3-5 seconds to work after it is engaged.

Even considering those cons... I would highly recommend it.... very good value!

Thanks, that pretty much has me sold. Though about the 3-5 second delay, does that mean if I engaged the pedal and waited 5 second before starting playing it would have the effect, or I have to play for 3-5 seconds before the effect starts?

Quote by cliff_em_all

Its apperantly a Univibe clone

Thanks, I was thinking of getting another one of the effects at some point too, possibly the fuzz, so it's good to know the whole range is good. I don't actually mind if the vibe is a univibe clone, I've looked up the univibe and the cheapest I've seen it is 3 times the price of the cool cat, so if I can get something as good for a third of the price then I'll definitely go for it.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

Quote by Crofty89
Thanks, that pretty much has me sold. Though about the 3-5 second delay, does that mean if I engaged the pedal and waited 5 second before starting playing it would have the effect, or I have to play for 3-5 seconds before the effect starts?

Thanks, I was thinking of getting another one of the effects at some point too, possibly the fuzz, so it's good to know the whole range is good. I don't actually mind if the vibe is a univibe clone, I've looked up the univibe and the cheapest I've seen it is 3 times the price of the cool cat, so if I can get something as good for a third of the price then I'll definitely go for it.

It dosen't matter if you play or not; it will take 3-5 seconds until your signal has the vibe effect.

Also... since you didn't know what a univibe was... are you sure you are looking for a vibe effect? It can be very easy to confuse chorus, phaser and univibe sometimes. What songs are you using it for? The univibe is generally used for Hendrix/Robin Trower stuff...
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by Leeav
It dosen't matter if you play or not; it will take 3-5 seconds until your signal has the vibe effect.

Also... since you didn't know what a univibe was... are you sure you are looking for a vibe effect? It can be very easy to confuse chorus, phaser and univibe sometimes. What songs are you using it for? The univibe is generally used for Hendrix/Robin Trower stuff...

For the moment I've not got specific songs in mind or trying to sound like a specific artist, I'm still a relative newbie (been playing electric for 7 months). I'm wanting to experiment with a funk rock sort of sound and I've heard that a vibe effect is good for that, but I could be wrong. Would something like a chorus be better?
Quote by CV334