it was blink 182s all the small things

anyways, i listen to it some times and i only heard power chords so i decided to get to work on it. so i work on the song for an hour or two and basically i come up with what i think it is, it sounds really good to me; now i'll spare some time and only go about the main part of the song.

so, i think it turns out to be a F#5 twice on the Estring to a B5 on the Astring strummed numerous times and then i slide to the E5 on the Astring strummed numerous times back to the F#5. now, i honestly think i got it, you know. it sounds good and i decide to check the tabs here on UG and I checked the two highest rated songs and to my suprise it was wrong, i don't believe i even got one chord right. anyways, is this normal? i know it takes good amount of time to be able to do this it's just weird it sounded good but was wrong. also, is it normal to completely not hear parts of songs? like for example in the song the first part where i said i strummed F#5 twice what actually supposed to be G5 to F5 on the Estring but it sounded like one chord strummed twice.

any advice or any experiences like this?
Last edited by schism8 at Jul 19, 2010,
When i first started to transcribe (late last year) i got some chords wrong here and there, its totally normal for first attempts.

My advice is to try and transcribe some more songs that already have TAB for them and see how close you get.

It takes some time, so don't get frustrated.

Practice makes perfect
Quote by SumFX
When i first started to transcribe (late last year) i got some chords wrong here and there, its totally normal for first attempts.

My advice is to try and transcribe some more songs that already have TAB for them and see how close you get.

It takes some time, so don't get frustrated.

Practice makes perfect

oh i nkow it takes practice in what not but it's really weird that it sounds right to me but it wasn't.... not even one chord
If it sounded right perhaps you're tuned differently than what the tab says?
That or your ear isn't trained well enough yet. Also for some parts it takes a while to be able to really pick out. Just keep on transcribing and you'll get much better at it.

I didn't see any tabs of the song on here though so I can't really use that for insight
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Is this song actually called "All the Small Things"?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB

crap sorry im extremely tired. that's the song, i'll edit op
Quote by AlanHB

Thats what I was wondering. Either that, or Weezer's "Say It Ain't So".
Quote by SWAS
Thats what I was wondering. Either that, or Weezer's "Say It Ain't So".

That was also my first thought, but then looking at TS's description of the song it leaned more towards the Blink 182 song.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
That was also my first thought, but then looking at TS's description of the song it leaned more towards the Blink 182 song.

Ya, same. Just because "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer is alittle more than power chords.