Poll: Are you a sadistic gamer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you a sadistic gamer?
They're just pixels and numbers, I don't particularly care either way.
92 38%
They're not real, I can murder as many as I like
121 50%
They look too human for me to massacre, I treat them like I would real people.
20 8%
I don't play games (Yeah Right).
9 4%
Voters: 242.
Page 1 of 3
Yeah, when playing games, do you feel bad about killing randoms? I generally don't, but it's happened to me twice recently.

Once, in Age of Mythology, I had colonised the end of an enemy's island, and was making my way up it, when he sent what looked like all of his villagers up to do something in my base. My whole army was going the opposite direction to them, and I just cut them down. Even the women.

And in Morrowind. For a quest, I was told to, essentially, beat the shit out of an environmental protester for a imperial(ist) mining company. Eventually, he sort of wept and ran away, so I chased him, healing him.

I also just shot some random woman standing in the forest, thinking I was sniping an enemy. And when I get a friend to follow me around, I end up stabbing him by accident.
That's without mentioning the evil assassination quests. And now I can essentially murder people in the street without consequence, it's all too nasty for me.

Italic= TL;DR ramblings.

So, how much do you care about NPC people in games? Do you regularly go on the rampage in GTA?

Have any of you ever played DEFCON? That one's even worse. You're essentially the President of a nuclear alliance, and you set up all the bases and defences and launch missiles from bombers, silos and subs. When you hit cities, it flashes up in big ghostly letters against this really plain computer-screen world map "Moscow 21.4 million dead.". And I once cheered.
and where is the ps3....?

OT: i could care less
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
There are few games where this bothers me. In any of the KOTORs, going down the evil route is just too assholish for me. And definately Black and White. I HAVE to go good on that game...

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
I sometimes restart missions because I accidently killed an NPC.
Quote by phlip999
Armstrong to moon bass.
Sorry.

Quote by 0RI0N
I just glanced and thought his name was tampon.

I tried being in the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion once, didn't work out for me.
hello
When I had GTA Vice City, I went around slashing people with the chainsaw

Quote by opc100

I always joined them when I played a new game
I don't normally kill people that I don't have to in most games.
Unless its like.. GTA or RDR or something of that nature.

But people get too upset over video games. (Like the mission "No Russian" from Modern Warfare 2)
Yeah, it's kind of "messed up", but uh, it's not real.
Quote by boreamor
There are few games where this bothers me. In any of the KOTORs, going down the evil route is just too assholish for me. And definately Black and White. I HAVE to go good on that game...

Sometimes I want to apologize to computer in KOTOR. Like "Sorry dude but I have to stab you in the face and steal all your money. I was good last time, I don't have a choice."

I usually feel a little bad.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Manhunt... they're out to get you in that game, so...
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
You Have Age Of Mythology??!!
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

Quote by BladeSlinger
Sometimes I want to apologize to computer in KOTOR. Like "Sorry dude but I have to stab you in the face and steal all your money. I was good last time, I don't have a choice."

I usually feel a little bad.

I don't, most of the citizens on KOTOR and KOTOR 2 are assholes.
Quote by opc100

I'm a nice guy in real life.
I don't feel slightest bit of guilt being evil for once lol.
PS: I thought the Dark Brotherhood was sooo much fun.
and awesome!
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I spend more time on GTA with an infinite health cheat and murdering everyone than I do actually doing missions and sh*t.
Quote by Nameless742
I'm a nice guy in real life.
I don't feel slightest bit of guilt being evil for once lol.
PS: I thought the Dark Brotherhood was sooo much fun.
and awesome!

I always thought the dagger you get looks so badass.
i feel bad when i kill the pidgeys
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
In mass effect 2 I was a paragon because my face looks like crap as Renegade.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Not too bothered about killing people in games.

Killing beavers in Red Dead Redemption is a whole different matter though. They're just too cuddly..
Quote by I am wet
i feel bad when i kill the pidgeys

Technically you don't kill them you knock them out.

/smartass
In red dead redemption, as i was travelling along a long road in mexico, a stranger was being held hostage. Being the hero i am, i shot all the bandits, and accidentally shot the woman non-fatally.

After i shot her she ran towards the nearest town to get the police, which was still a long long way away. I, on my horse, rode along side her wondering whether i should 'intercept' her. Afterall, i was helping her, and now she wanted to turn me in.

I decided the best course of action was to go in the slow-mo mode amd shoot the woman in her head.

I later realised that the woman wasnt doing the eye-witness thing and alerting the police, she was just running away. i killed an innocent woman
I like killing people with a flamethrower!

The only game were i do feel bad is kotor. I actually feel sorry for them.
I used to fly on the beach with my helicopter in GTA and hit people with the fans :P. Also I remember some lvl in Metal gear solid 3. You had to walk some kind of river facing every man you have killed. One hell of a long walk for me :P
Vision is the art of seeing things invisible to others.
Last edited by Eddeh at Jul 19, 2010,
No. I'm shit at games, so it usually does get to a point where I stop caring about the objectives and just mess about. Killing npcs, shooting furniture, trying to jump on top of people, that sort of thing.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Winsbury
In red dead redemption, as i was travelling along a long road in mexico, a stranger was being held hostage. Being the hero i am, i shot all the bandits, and accidentally shot the woman non-fatally.

After i shot her she ran towards the nearest town to get the police, which was still a long long way away. I, on my horse, rode along side her wondering whether i should 'intercept' her. Afterall, i was helping her, and now she wanted to turn me in.

I decided the best course of action was to go in the slow-mo mode amd shoot the woman in her head.

I later realised that the woman wasnt doing the eye-witness thing and alerting the police, she was just running away. i killed an innocent woman

It's that sort of shit that kills me.

Oh, and RE: Pokemanz, don't you feel it's a bit like killing them though? When you get your Charizard to incinerate the little rat-creature, it's kind of cruel. But then they're bastards, so it's OK, I suppose.
I usually play an evil character unless an NPC rubs me the right way (lol), and then I can't bring myself to murder or swindle them. Unless there's a lot at stake, in which case too damn bad for them.
Quote by xMarkx
You Have Age Of Mythology??!!

I thought the same thing

ARKANTOS FTW
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Oh ok, I feel bad about killing workers on Age of Empires. They'll just be chopping some trees, and I come along and slice them up.
Quote by UntilISleep
Oh ok, I feel bad about killing workers on Age of Empires. They'll just be chopping some trees, and I come along and slice them up.

And all the guides encourage it. I once put myself in their position.

"Hey, Mr. Smith, we've just cleared this whole patch of forest. This'll build a beautiful school!"

"Ha, you're such an optimist, Mr. Johnson. I'm just happy gathering berries. What's that noise?"

"Probably the women coming back from the stream. Noisy little things, aren't they?"

"Wouldn't have them any other wa- holy Christ, Juliet!"

"Did they just shoot - Oh Zeus!"

*heavily armoured knights crash out of the trees and massacre villagers*

I'm not really a sadistic gamer. I stick to the objectives and get it done out the way, so then I can do what I like afterwards.
Quote by gabcd86
And all the guides encourage it. I once put myself in their position.

"Hey, Mr. Smith, we've just cleared this whole patch of forest. This'll build a beautiful school!"

"Ha, you're such an optimist, Mr. Johnson. I'm just happy gathering berries. What's that noise?"

"Probably the women coming back from the stream. Noisy little things, aren't they?"

"Wouldn't have them any other wa- holy Christ, Juliet!"

"Did they just shoot - Oh Zeus!"

*heavily armoured knights crash out of the trees and massacre villagers*

Quote by BladeSlinger
I thought the same thing

ARKANTOS FTW

FUCK YEAH!
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

If I think about it too much i start assigning them virtual families and see small virtual kids waiting for their dad to come home and imagine if I was killed that way and had kids that waited for me, then it bugs me.
Generally, I'm playing games to NOT think, though, so I don't think about anything, just kill.
not usually. until i get bored, then i save, go on a rampage, then load back to pre-rampage.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Page 1 of 3