Alright, so I really like writing ska music (particularly guitar parts), but have found that lyrics are usually good to have, especially when starting a band.

Unfortunately, at age 14, I haven't experienced much, especially compared to professional ska musicians. I listened to the lyrics of bands such as Streetlight Manifesto, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Reel Big Fish, etc., but found that the majority of the lyrics were about being jobless, having a rough love life, getting wasted/high, or being screwed by the man. As I said previously, not much of that applies to me. And even if I did have teen angst (which I don't, for some reason), most ska songs have nice, happy lyrics.

Help me Out!
Quote by corp0ralkitty
Alright, so I really like writing ska music (particularly guitar parts), but have found that lyrics are usually good to have, especially when starting a band.

Unfortunately, at age 14, I haven't experienced much, especially compared to professional ska musicians. I listened to the lyrics of bands such as Streetlight Manifesto, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Reel Big Fish, etc., but found that the majority of the lyrics were about being jobless, having a rough love life, getting wasted/high, or being screwed by the man. As I said previously, not much of that applies to me. And even if I did have teen angst (which I don't, for some reason), most ska songs have nice, happy lyrics.

Help me Out!

Just wait.......

....it creeps up on you like a mother****er.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
try to read up on your news and stuff like that and write about how ****ed up the world is
if you believe in god write about that
write about all the people at school such as cliques and stuff ex:how you have the jocks or how you love the pretty girls
Quote by RoBoHoBo8080
try to read up on your news and stuff like that and write about how ****ed up the world is
if you believe in god write about that
write about all the people at school such as cliques and stuff ex:how you have the jocks or how you love the pretty girls

...I do love the pretty girls.
Try writing 'stories' in your songs. They don't need to be detailed complex peices of literature but if you invent, say, a character or some chain of events you could write a song about it.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by ICOG
Try writing 'stories' in your songs. They don't need to be detailed complex peices of literature but if you invent, say, a character or some chain of events you could write a song about it.

great post^.
I saw Madness this weekend (at Gent Jazz Fest), and I noticed the lyrics weren't very complicated.
They were mostly about love, partying. Happy stuff.
I suggest you write about parties, about good things you see in the newspapers, on tv, maybe write a joke-song or something?
Quote by ICOG

Good advice, thanks man.
Sure you do, you just have to think a little bit. Keep a diary and write down what happens throughout the day. Then go back over the events of the day and ask yourself, "how did I feel about that?" Remember, your feelings?? This is a gr8 way to find song ideas.

ron666