Poll: Which do you prefer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which do you prefer?
Peavey 6505+ Combo
28 85%
Bugera 6262 Combo
5 15%
Voters: 33.
Im trying to sell my Line 6 spider IV 30 watt. Im wondering if anyone knows how much i'd get for it at guitar center if i sold it there, or a price i should ask for it if i sell it on my own. The only damage is a tiny dent in the wood on the front of the amp right under te speaker. i'd upload a pocture but im toooooo lazy

Thanks guys
Ohh! and please do the poll saying which amp you prefer, the peavey 6505+ Combo or the Bugera 6262 combo!
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 Active
Schecter Damien w/ Seymour Duncan Distortions
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Visual Sound Double Trouble
Line 6 M-5
I'd sell it for arOund 150 definitely the 6505+ the real thing Is always better than the clone.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
dont get the peavey, they arent really reliable. Selling the amp on your own you might be able to sell it for about $200-$250 at best. at guitar center you could trade it in for a discount on the new amp. It's your call but looking at what i just said it might me benificial to sell it on your own. Also if you sell it before August 31 you could go buy your amp and get a 10% discount from their sale
Quote by 100%
dont get the peavey, they arent really reliable. Selling the amp on your own you might be able to sell it for about $200-$250 at best. at guitar center you could trade it in for a discount on the new amp. It's your call but looking at what i just said it might me benificial to sell it on your own. Also if you sell it before August 31 you could go buy your amp and get a 10% discount from their sale

wat
In response to the first 2 posts: wat

The 30w sells for $200 new. You're not gonna get $150 and you sure as hell won't get $200-$250. You'd be very lucky if you got $100 for it selling it on your own. Half that at GC. As for amp, I'd personally go with the Peavey.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx

The 30w sells for $200 new. You're not gonna get $150 and you sure as hell won't get $200-$250. You'd be very lucky if you got $100 for it selling it on your own. Half that at GC. As for amp, I'd personally go with the Peavey.

+1. The Peavy isn't unreliable at all. Built very solid.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Quote by mmolteratx

Whatever i get at gc, i pretty much get another 90 on top. you get 15% off if you trade in gear for something better. peavey 6505 is 600, and 15% is 90. so its still not bad. im gonna trade in a Visual Sound Double Trouble and a Dunlop crybaby original. i got the double trouble for 120 and its 170 new so i'll probably sell it to someone on my own for like 130 with the box and manuals and all that s***
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Line 6 M-5
It's only 10% now. You won't get $130 for the Double Trouble. You overpaid at $120 IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
WOW **** guitarcenter. still 60. its not 90 but its still somethin i guess
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Line 6 M-5
I hear that AcousticMirror is looking for a spider, actually. Hit him up, he is running out of room to set drinks!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Why would AcousticMirror of all people want a spider!? Haha
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Line 6 M-5
use the spider as trade fodder. it's worth more that way then if you sold it.

I sold my spider iv 30 w for like 75 bucks I think...back when I was a much younger man.

actually it was in september. what a long hard road it's been.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
think of it this way, bugera is kinda like as epiphone is to gibson, although in the end they kind of end up having their own unique tone. And also keep in mind that the 6260/62 is based on the 5150/II, not 6505. They have pretty much the same circuitry but sitll have some variances. And if you can afford the 6505 it would be dumb to get a Bugera. The bugera is basically just a 5150 that isn't put together as reliably (i.e. using rubber connectors that lead to the tubes overheating and blowing). I've been told the new ones have fixed the problem but I don't know. I honestly think if you were going to go Bugera that the 1990 sounds a lot better than the 6260/62, but it will have a little less gain and a little more crunch.

Also keep this in mind, I just got a used 5150 cheaper than the super cheap new price for a new 6262
Quote by handbanana
think of it this way, bugera is kinda like as epiphone is to gibson, although in the end they kind of end up having their own unique tone. And also keep in mind that the 6260/62 is based on the 5150/II, not 6505. They have pretty much the same circuitry but sitll have some variances. And if you can afford the 6505 it would be dumb to get a Bugera. The bugera is basically just a 5150 that isn't put together as reliably (i.e. using rubber connectors that lead to the tubes overheating and blowing). I've been told the new ones have fixed the problem but I don't know. I honestly think if you were going to go Bugera that the 1990 sounds a lot better than the 6260/62, but it will have a little less gain and a little more crunch.

Also keep this in mind, I just got a used 5150 cheaper than the super cheap new price for a new 6262

5150II is the same exact thing as a 6505 you obviously look at other peoples reviews as to actually playing the amps
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
^wrong, the 6505 and 5150 II are not the same. My friend use to youse both together and got rid of the 5150 II cause it had slightly less gain, and a lot of problems.
Quote by handbanana
^wrong, the 6505 and 5150 II are not the same. My friend use to youse both together and got rid of the 5150 II cause it had slightly less gain, and a lot of problems.

they are the same. there are plenty of reasons why they may have sounded different. different tubes sound different, even if they are the same manufacturer and same type somethimes. the wear on the tubes may have been different, the bias may be different (although i dont believe bias is adjustable on the 6505's) and an infinate number of other variables. same exact speakers? cab? did he actually A/B them?

they are the same amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
They were a/b'd both running through the same mesa cab, but I got to try them individually. Might have just been cause, like I said, the 5150 II had a lot of problems.
The truth of the matter is:

You're not going to get much at all for your Spider, especially if you trade it in at a store, they'll give you even less. Your best bet is to sell it on eBay or something, or even better, to trade it with someone for something else.

As for the amp, Peavey stuff is very well made, I've never owned a Peavey amp myself, but I've played many of them, I doubt they're unreliable.

Out of those two amps, personally, I'd get the Peavey.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
yeah the dude who said peavey is unreliable seriously doesn't know what he's talking about.

sure they make some amps that are definitely better than others, but saying a peavey is unreliable when compared to a bugera is just ludicrous
Well, the guy about the reliability has a small point though. The 6505+ combo is made in China right? It's not USA made like most other Peaveys, so it's probably a bit more shoddy than most Peaveys. I still would trust it more than a Bugera though.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Well, the guy about the reliability has a small point though. The 6505+ combo is made in China right? It's not USA made like most other Peaveys, so it's probably a bit more shoddy than most Peaveys. I still would trust it more than a Bugera though.

where do you think bugeras are made?

they're owned by behringer, which leads me to believe they are most likely produced in china as well