I need one for cleans and heavy leads

I just use my digitech rp80 for them but I want a great chorus pedal

Cheapest possible but for best quality I can get for the low price

Ifyou know what I mean

Play heavy music with some cleans

=]
go try out everything you can. chorus pedals all sound VERY different from eachother. its not like other pedals around. they all have a very unique sound that no other one will sound like.

my personal favourites are the MXR black label chorus, MXR stereo chorus, EXH stereo electric mistress, and Visual Sounds liquid chorus. hope that helped!
Well the MXR M-134 is by no means cheap, but i think it's one of the best you can get.

Maybe check out the Hardwire Chorus, it's fairly inexpensive and many people love the Hardwire pedals.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I've only tried boss cuz they r setup to demo and I am starting to dislike the guys at my local guitar center

I haven't tried the hardwire ones though
hardwire pedals are good. im buying the overdrive one tomorrow.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I just heard the bls one and I like it for cleans alot!

I'm not sure about it with gain though .
I'm gunna keep looking for videos
Quote by Katsock
I need one for cleans and heavy leads

I just use my digitech rp80 for them but I want a great chorus pedal

Ifyou know what I mean

Play heavy music with some cleans

=]

If you want a truly great chorus pedal, then this is the one to get:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Red-Witch-Empress-Analog-ChorusVibrato-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=150495

It is expensive, but if you play through one, you will never settle for anything less. For the money, the MXR Black Label Chorus is hard to beat:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-ZW38-Zakk-Wylde-Black-Label-Chorus-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=423648
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Katsock
I do not have the money for that one lol

Of course you do. If you play through it, you will immediately begin to think that food and shelter are highly overrated. Then you will be amazed at how quickly you can afford it.

Seriously, it is a huge chunk of change (but well worth it). Take a look at the various offerings by MXR. They set the standard for Chorus pedals in the 1970s and early 1980s. They are still very hard to beat - unless you are a Red Witch Empress Chorus.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Lol I just need to spend as little as possible, I have college to think about still haha
well the M-134 is a truely amazing pedal, it blew me away when i first got it.

hell it still blows me away at how many different sounds i can get from this thing, and the ability to run a second amp out of it is awesome
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Chorus is really an effect you should put some money into. There are budget options like the EHX small clone and DOD fx65. But you should really be looking for one of the following on the used market:

Analogman Chorus
Cmatmods Chorus
Red Witch Empress
Retro-Sonic chorus

And if you want to go all out:

Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus
Jam PedalsWaterfall
To this day the chorus in the Quadraverb is still my favourite. It may not be a pedal but it is footswitchable (I use MIDI). You can pick 'em up relatively cheap on ebay at times.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have a Boss CE-5 that I got used from guitar center for $40. And it has 5 switches and two outputs which really give you a lot of depth and options. I see them a lot around this price. Not a huge investment, and still a pretty good pedal.
Quote by denied

Red Witch Empress
Retro-Sonic chorus

Big fan of these. On a cheaper note, the CE-2 is great for a more stagnant, shimmering chorus and the BBE Mind Bender works really well for a thick, washy sound to more psychedelic warbley sound (also has a really nice vibrato mode based off the super-orgasmic VB-2). On the super cheap side, the new Dano Cool Cat Chorus is pretty nifty and can do some cool vibrato stuff at 100% wet
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
if you are looking for something cheap that sounds great, i took the gamble on a Guyaton Micro Chorus, and i love it,

musiciansfriend has it for $50, M1q23 will price match for $45 and free shipping. thats what i got mine for.

what i really like about it is that is sounds really thick and bassy, slightly due to the engineered bass and volume boost the pedal has. it really sounds great. i like it better thsn the EHX and MXR options out there in the $80 bracket.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I guess a lot of people knock it but I've used a boss super chorus for about 16 years now and its never let me down...for any style of music
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
I think you should go with a Aria Chorus CH-10, i have one myself, and i can't really find any problems with it for what i do. If i could get any chorus pedal, it would probably be that MXR pedal, however the price is not too fab.

Good luck, Jamie.
Gear:
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Squier Affinity Telecaster
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Vox AD50VT 212
& New MXR Distortion+
Quote by FatalGear41
If you want a truly great chorus pedal, then this is the one to get:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Red-Witch-Empress-Analog-ChorusVibrato-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=150495

It is expensive, but if you play through one, you will never settle for anything less.

i totally agree. red witch ftw
Gibson RawPower SG 2009 (Zales)
Gibson Hummingbird 70's? (Amy)
Jet City JCA 20 Watt Combo
Dunlop Crybaby wah
MXR 10 Band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by Katsock

I hate it when people say something like this. You can get something decent for cheap, but if you spend a little more you can get something better and this goes on and on. Please state your maximum budget.
Don't forget about Malekkos analog chorus, i've tried it out and it sounds great for the realativly low price.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Last edited by Gord@k at Jul 20, 2010,
Quote by WtrPlyr
I hate it when people say something like this. You can get something decent for cheap, but if you spend a little more you can get something better and this goes on and on. Please state your maximum budget.

This x1000.

Give us a budget, and it will take the guess work out of it. Chances are if you give us a solid number, then most of us will agree on 1 or 2 pedals for you to look at.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Sorry but its hard when you don't have all the money to start with

I guess I don't wanna pay more than over 100ish
I have many chorus pedals.

I think my favorite is the Hardwire CR-7. It gets this really phat warm vintage 70's style chorus... but it can also get the shimmery brighter 80's style chorus as well.

Boss CE-2 and CE-5 are both great!! The CE-5 sounds every bit as good as the more expensive hard to get "vintage" CE-2.

I also have the Boss CE-3 which sounds great on clean but there seems to be a slight volume drop with the effect engaged. It also muddies up distortion tones.

I also have the Boss Ch-1 Super Chorus and I like it on cleans.... but the delay time is very short so it almost sounds like a flanger on distortion tones for some reason. Cleans are great though.

I also have the Behringer CO600 Chorus Orchestra which, as far as I can tell sounds every bit is good as the Boss CE-2 and CE-5.

That Red Witch Empress one looks awesome though. I might have to pick one up someday.

I'm a collector of pedals.
Last edited by dcooper830 at Jul 21, 2010,
Quote by dcooper830
I have many chorus pedals.

I think my favorite is the Hardwire CR-7. It gets this really phat warm vintage 70's style chorus... but it can also get the shimmery brighter 80's style chorus as well.

Boss CE-2 and CE-5 are both great!! The CE-5 sounds every bit as good as the more expensive hard to get "vintage" CE-2.

I also have the Boss Ch-1 Super Chorus and I like it on cleans.... but the delay time is very short so it almost sounds like a flanger on distortion tones for some reason. Cleans are great though.

I also have the Behringer CO600 Chorus Orchestra which, as far as I can tell sounds every bit is good as the Boss CE-2 and CE-5.

That Red Witch Empress one looks awesome though. I might have to pick one up someday.

I'm a collector of pedals.

I've found that out about behringer pedals...they sound really good but there not durable enough to gig with....I had a Boss CE-5 before didn't like it as much as the CH-1
The mxr black label sounds really a tad better than the ch-1 on distortion tones but I'd never buy one cause I won't buy anything that's a signature model...lol
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by denied
Chorus is really an effect you should put some money into. There are budget options like the EHX small clone and DOD fx65. But you should really be looking for one of the following on the used market:

Analogman Chorus
Cmatmods Chorus
Red Witch Empress
Retro-Sonic chorus

And if you want to go all out:

Jam PedalsWaterfall

This, though an old CE-2 is still better, IMO, because of the slight mid boost.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.