I'm almost 100% sure that this is the wrong place to ask this, but I don't know this site well other than the Pit and the Metal forum. So, here it goes. I'll move this if it's a problem. I've been extremely interested in this guys playing style, and I'd actually like to learn the style a little bit. I just don't know where to start. Does anybody have any tips on where I SHOULD start? I'm lost.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Um...

This is basically asking about where you should start when it comes to beating Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris in a 2-on-1 fight.

That said though, nothing is impossible, though this'd go better in the blues/jazz/fusion forum and/or the technique forum.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I know of at least one book he's written which explains his mental chord voicings.
The interesting thing about Holdsworth is his desire to make the guitar not sound like a guitar at all, he strives to play lines like a sax player hence all the legato playing involved. Interestingly his legato technique is different to regular legato in that he uses all hammer ons, including when he descends [where you would normally pull-off]

Check out Marshall Harrison on YouTube he has the Holdsworth technique pretty nailed and shows you a few things, also Brett Garsed I think you will really enjoy also.

Happy practicing, it's probably one of the toughest guitarists in history to imitate
If you really want to learn... ignore Marshall Harrison. His lessons are almost complete garbage, good as demonstrations of the application of the technique but terrible if you actually want to learn to do it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah, I don't get much from a lesson which says "This is bad legato" (makes sound A) "This is heavy metal legato" (makes sound A again) and "This is Holdsworth, proper legato" (sound A again), as well as "You don't just pull off" without explaining what you're supposed to fucking do instead. Terrible lessons.
Thank you everyone for the info, it's greatly appreciated!
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie