Hi guys, college season's just around the corner, I'll be living on my own for the first time. Going to be in a 3 bedroom apartment like a quarter mile from campus. I'm gonna be going to goodwill tomorrow for their good prices and good ideas...

What should I have on my list? for just my room I'll need a bed, a desk, a dresser, a TV. Anything else I should look to pickup?

Idk anything about living room stuff yet as that's common area. And the apartment will have appliances for the kitchen.

I'll take my stereo and plenty of posters and a street sign or too for decoration. Anything else I should go after?

Thanks in advance

Edit: There's a queen sized mattress and box spring on craigslist... I've had a twin all my life so this'd be an upgrade.... but it's a used mattress... so Idk...
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Scratch the bed, buy a hammock instead. I'd also get rid of the desk in favor for a flourescent green bean bag chair.

I came into this thread just to say this.

Fucking do it.
Empty wire spools and cinder blocks are all you need.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Solicit all of your friends to order free tempurpedic mattress samples. Take all of the little sample cubes of the material and glue them together for a free tempurpedic cot.
there is so much shit you need to get when moving into your first place. take note of the stuff where you live know. things like cleaning supplies, pots and pans, utensils, door mats, shower curtains, trash cans...it all adds up. I'd start with the small necessities first before making any decisions on furniture.
Look around at yard sales. They usually have very decent furniture under $100.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
used mattress. you serious dude? its not worth the risk, even if a hundred beds on craigslist don't have bed bugs or anything, one still could. thats not an area to be cheap in
Hammock.. do it. Don't buy that used mattress (dunno how many hookers have been all over the thing after all..)
You don't need a queen sized bed to yourself. Honest. Unless one of your roomies is gonna also join you in bed, I wouldn't waste the money. Shit takes up space too.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

step 1 buy a t.v
step 2 : arrange all of your furniture so it all pionts towards the T.v
Quote by RU Experienced?
Solicit all of your friends to order free tempurpedic mattress samples. Take all of the little sample cubes of the material and glue them together for a free tempurpedic cot.

I see what you did there.
Oh, buy a bunch of cool 360/PS3 games, whichever's your fancy, so if nobody brings one you can convince everyone to chip in for one.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Oh, buy a bunch of cool Wii games, whichever's your fancy, so if nobody brings one you can convince everyone to chip in for one.

Fixed >_>
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.