I will be selling my line 6 spider 3 and I want to know how much to put it up for. I bought it for 70 dollars from guitar center. I think I will save for a roland cube because I heard they were way better than my shitty spider.
Don't sell your practice amp for another practice amp.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The entire Line 6 Spider series (not the Valve models) has practically no resale value. They are found almost everywhere in large quantities and are not a particularly sought-after amp in the first place. If you paid $70.00 for it, I would be shocked if you got more than half of that selling it on Craig's List or E-Bay.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
While i cannot say if the cube is better or not, it should be pretty similar as your Spider 3(especially depending on which cube you get)

I would recommend saving more towards your dream amp and use the spider 3 as a practice (or turn down the gain/get off the insane channel(?)) to improve the sound of the spider 3. :|

i upgrade from a Microcube to a BOSS GT10 :\
practice modeling to modeling...hmm
I'll probly just keep it instead of getting like 10 bucks...it's not like anybody would want one anyway
Quote by Shauntheawesome
I'll probly just keep it instead of getting like 10 bucks...it's not like anybody would want one anyway

If you feel like someone could possibly want it, throw it on CraigsList, don't set a price, just tell them to offer, and see if any do.

If someone offers like 20 bucks or more, just take it, that's X amount of dollars towards your new amp.
I would probably pay someoene to take mine away.

I actually had someone offer me $40 for it, but he lived like an hour and a half away and that was obviously not worth the trip for $40. And he didn't wanna pay shipping so.......

I probably haven't used my spider in about 2 years, but I might actually get some use out of it in my bedroom for when I can't play my 5150 cause its uber loud.
Last edited by handbanana at Jul 20, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
I would probably pay someoene to take mine away.

I think this is a bad attitude, use it for what it's good for (super nasty fuzz goodness)!

But yeah, I'd offer it for half-price on CL, but make it negotiable. On eBay, I'd start it around 1/4-1/3 the new price. It may be better just to keep it for the time being. At least you'll have an amp to use while you're saving up
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
If we're talking the 15 watt version, I would personally take the Line 6 over the Cube any day of the week. I actually had the Line 6 and traded it for the Cube, but do regret it. I live in a one bedroom loft, so there's no way in hell I can pump my 6505+ at any time. Not sure of the higher wattage models, as I do know the cube 30 and up have slightly different features, I am just not in any way impressed with the 15 watt version, for metal anyways. And again this is all about personal opinions.