I trying to find a superfuzz sound like Hillel's here http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&warned=True&xl_blz_on=xl_blz_on&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=GKrvhdTQHos

Without spending the high dollars for an original superfuzz....also looking for something alittle more practical like with an ac adapter

I'd really like to get a wattson fuzz pedal cause in the youtube demos they sound amazing but I don't have a dealer near me and they ont pop up on ebay much...I've heard the boss hyper fuzz was a good clone anyone have anything to say about that? Any help appreciated
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Wow I totally forgot to check analog man

I just studied the china fuzz on you tube...seems like their are 2 diiferent ones....the only thing that worries me about it is it sounds like it gets very thin while plaing leads....I havnt found anything on the analogman fuzz yet...
The wattson pedal would totally be the one if I could get my hands on one...they don't sell direct anymore

I just youtubed china fuzz bro....I'm on a blackberry so it would take me all day to copy and paste links...
But there's a red one with 2 stomp switches,a blue one with 2 stomp switches, and a orangish one with 1 switch...the red one sounded great,I couldn't get the blue one to load and the orangish one sounded really thin....but maybe the orangish one is a cheaper made one....idk

Quote by forsaknazrael
This is the current production one.
Doesn't sound thin to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JtJzBjrnoc&feature=youtube_gdata

Wow I was impressed with that...I guess some of the thinness I heard was just the limited ability of the guy playing or something....the tone was better than the other video of the orange one I seen before.. The sound is almost on par with the wattson....what's the availablity of the china fuzz? Are they hard to find?

Cool thanks man...

OMG!!! I just went to proguitarshop.com wow this is like the greatest thing in the history of mankind....never heard of it before...found the china fuzz for 170 and the wattson for 200...but there's 94 fuzz boxes to choose from...holy crap...this is the greatest site of all time

Thanks everyone for the advice

Last edited by rdobson2 at Jul 20, 2010,
Cool I'll check it out in a few just got off work....yeah I found after doing some of the mods that the low sensitivity channel has more life and don't sound so bland also I get a better sound at low volumes...for along time it was my only amp so not only did I use it to gig but I had to use it as a practice amp at lower volumes....I've also found that my lows aren't so muddy cause that was a pain in the ass when I went from a maple neck guitar to a rosewood during a show I'd have to readjust stuff,now I can pretty much leave it go with all my guitars....thanks for the links bro...I can't wait to get some killer fuzz...I've had fuzz faces,big muffs,fender blenders and they all had the pros but the cons outweighed them in my opinion...

Quote by rdobson2
I just studied the china fuzz on you tube...seems like their are 2 diiferent ones....the only thing that worries me about it is it sounds like it gets very thin while plaing leads....I havnt found anything on the analogman fuzz yet...
The wattson pedal would totally be the one if I could get my hands on one...they don't sell direct anymore

It's not Analogman. It's sold on the Analogman site. Black Cat make the pedal. There isn't a lot on youtube of it, just a guy playing really horribly with a Dr S RRR iirc.
Quote by rdobson2
Cool I'll check it out in a few just got off work....yeah I found after doing some of the mods that the low sensitivity channel has more life and don't sound so bland also I get a better sound at low volumes...for along time it was my only amp so not only did I use it to gig but I had to use it as a practice amp at lower volumes....I've also found that my lows aren't so muddy cause that was a pain in the ass when I went from a maple neck guitar to a rosewood during a show I'd have to readjust stuff,now I can pretty much leave it go with all my guitars....thanks for the links bro...I can't wait to get some killer fuzz...I've had fuzz faces,big muffs,fender blenders and they all had the pros but the cons outweighed them in my opinion...

Yeah, exactly. I had the same experience when I changed that first treble peaking circuit and the removed the bright cap. huge difference.

What were the "cons" of a big muff or a fuzz face, btw?
They each have several versions, and each one has different qualities, that can be corrected or modified.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Jul 21, 2010,