So I just noticed on this 7-string Ibanez that I bought used about 3 weeks ago makes a buzzing sound when you fret the 5th string on the 12 fret. Doesnt this mean the guitar is not "set-up" properly?? It is almost like when you fret a note but are too close to the fret line. Im positive it wasnt doing this before, but it is now...help please.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Is it only on that fret? If so then one of the frets above 12 is high on the A string. If it buzzes on multiple frets, then the neck could be slightly bent and you would need to adjust the truss rod. If it really bothers you, you might want to get it set up, it will help.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
Is it only on that fret? If so then one of the frets above 12 is high on the A string. If it buzzes on multiple frets, then the neck could be slightly bent and you would need to adjust the truss rod. If it really bothers you, you might want to get it set up, it will help.

yeah. take your finger around the string (around the whole thing), and slide until you get to the buzzing fret. if you feel a bump or something around there, the string got bent. just replace and you should be good to go
Im not sure if this is entirely the same but on my first guitar (a strat) this happened to me whenever i played the 6th string, 1st fret. In the end I found out this was because I had a bump on the metal strip of the fret, just under that string.

As I said, not sure if it's the same thing, but you might want to check that out?