so is the charvel custom shop any cheaper than the other horrifically overpriced big brand name custom shops?can I get a fully custom guitar get done for like 4k?are there any other custom luthiers that I can get a guitar done for this much money?
g&l
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
shur, tom anderson maybe
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
not sure about prices for an entirely custom built guitar but its seems possibly to get under 4k but have you looked up warmoth.com you can build your own custom guitars there
ya easily.

not true custom but if you're looking at charvel it doesn't seem like you'd be concerned about that. You pick the general body and then you get a list of options and you pick from the options.

They won't really build you something they don't already make.

It's actually really hard to make a suhr break 4k

this one.

is a limited run of 125. indian rose wood. quilt maple top. double bound. matching headstock and back and a limited edition inlay. It barely breaks 4k.

The anderson I'm waiting on is one of 21 in existence and it only came out to 3200.

A simpler anderson would be around 2800-2900.

this one...

It alder on alder. rock maple neck with a simple transparent finish.

The cheapest you could spec an anderson for is probably around 2400.

A full options suhr will be around that much.

You can get a suhr pro series limited optioned guitar for 2k.

those are new prices of course but if you're looking for a custom I'd imagine you'd want to go new.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jul 20, 2010,
Quote by AcousticMirror
ya easily.

not true custom but if you're looking at charvel it doesn't seem like you'd be concerned about that. You pick the general body and then you get a list of options and you pick from the options.

They won't really build you something they don't already make.

It's actually really hard to make a suhr break 4k

this one.

is a limited run of 125. indian rose wood. quilt maple top. double bound. matching headstock and back and a limited edition inlay. It barely breaks 4k.

The anderson I'm waiting on is one of 21 in existence and it only came out to 3200.

A simpler anderson would be around 2800-2900.

this one...

It alder on alder. rock maple neck with a simple transparent finish.

The cheapest you could spec an anderson for is probably around 2400.

A full options suhr will be around that much.

You can get a suhr pro series limited optioned guitar for 2k.

those are new prices of course but if you're looking for a custom I'd imagine you'd want to go new.

wow!that suhr looks amazing..

and yeah I'm not after a true custom guitar,it would cost alot more(I think?IDK about the prices)

really a full option suhr only 2400?wow thats cheap....
i'd look warmoth. either assembling yourself if you know your stuff or getting a really good luthier to set it up for you. the quality of the parts is amazing, they have a pretty damn huge selection of body styles, lots of in-stock bodies, and their necks are the best necks i've played on.

carvin is also a great option. i've never played one myself, but i'm on their site all the time and you can definitely find plenty of reviews here and all over the web.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by archenemyfan
wow!that suhr looks amazing..

and yeah I'm not after a true custom guitar,it would cost alot more(I think?IDK about the prices)

really a full option suhr only 2400?wow thats cheap....

I'm saying full option as having the ability to add on options starts at that price.
limited options is something like a suhr pro s1 where they pick a lot for you and you just get to pick finish and hardware.

I looked at the charvel price list. They are pretty expensive. They start at 3000 msrp before options.

full option sheet
http://www.suhrguitars.com/downloads/pdf/2010/Guitars_2010_Consumer_Price_List.pdf

pro series limited option sheet.
http://www.suhrguitars.com/downloads/pdf/2010/Pro_Series_2010_Consumer_Price_List.pdf

you spec out what you want then it's about 30 percent less then that price is your cost.

charvel is about 20 percent below msrp

anderson is about 20 percent below msrp as well.
Quote by AcousticMirror
I'm saying full option as having the ability to add on options starts at that price.
limited options is something like a suhr pro s1 where they pick a lot for you and you just get to pick finish and hardware.

I looked at the charvel price list. They are pretty expensive. They start at 3000 msrp before options.

full option sheet
http://www.suhrguitars.com/downloads/pdf/2010/Guitars_2010_Consumer_Price_List.pdf

pro series limited option sheet.
http://www.suhrguitars.com/downloads/pdf/2010/Pro_Series_2010_Consumer_Price_List.pdf

you spec out what you want then it's about 30 percent less then that price is your cost.

charvel is about 20 percent below msrp

anderson is about 20 percent below msrp as well.

oh okay..thats great

I might go for suhr though,I really love their modern shape...and 30% less means that I can prolly get one with decent features

so is there any quality difference between suhr customs and suhr pros?

@lifeIsAbullet,thanks for the suggestion but I prolly wont go for warmoth,If I build a guitar it would be worse than a devries custom..and there aren't any good luthiers famed for building guitars were I live...
no. just which options you're allowed to have.
don't put too much stock in the percent off msrp. the msrp is a made up number. The price you pay is whatever percent of msrp that company sets. Basically you just add up all the options you want then take a percentage and that's what the guitar will cost you from a dealer.
Quote by archenemyfan
@lifeIsAbullet,thanks for the suggestion but I prolly wont go for warmoth,If I build a guitar it would be worse than a devries custom..and there aren't any good luthiers famed for building guitars were I live...

i definitely hear that, man. i've built 2 warmoths and my second is definitely better than my first. if you're only planning on building one guitar then it might not be worth the risk of buying all the parts just to find out that it only turned out ok. definitely keep us posted on what you decide though... the suhr sounds really interesting, and carvin is always out there of course
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i definitely hear that, man. i've built 2 warmoths and my second is definitely better than my first. if you're only planning on building one guitar then it might not be worth the risk of buying all the parts just to find out that it only turned out ok. definitely keep us posted on what you decide though... the suhr sounds really interesting, and carvin is always out there of course

Haha sure dude,although it might take little more time to place the actual order,I got a tad bit more to save up...I'm looking at the suhr modern trans black with a Birdseye maple neck..
Quote by So-Cal
Have you considered Carvin?

I'm going to go ahead and second this. I ordered a custom guitar from them recently, and they were happy to accomodate at least half a dozen extra nonstandard toggles for me. As long as your requests can be done with in-house materials, they're happy to accomodate you. Cheap for what you're getting too; based on some comparisons of specs to cost of retail models, a guitar with the same specs as my Carvin would be at least $2500 if you can haggle; I paid less than $2,000.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
i haven't tried them but i'm guessing wayne would be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?