I'm new to guitar, but prefer to play on Drop-B tuning (yes, I have heavy gauge strings to support this). To date, I've been tuning using my laptop mic and aguitartuner.com... VERY inaccurate, as one of my friends has pointed out.

So, I'm now looking at chromatic tuners. I do own one, but all it does is tune to standard E tuning (as far as I know). I'm aware that Drop B tuning is B1, F#2, B2, E3, G#3, C#4, and the frequencies matching those, but I'm unsure how to set it into the tuner (at the moment it'll tell me the note I'm playing but not if it's B1, B2, etc!).

I'm not sure if chromatic tuners can even do this, either. ALL I want is to be able to see the frequency of the string I'm playing, because I can easily tune from there. Any ideas? Looking for something cheap, by the way, no mroe than $40 if possible.
any chromatic tuner. korg. boss.
a chromatic tuner just tells you how close the sound of your string is to an accepted named frequency. You tune it however you want. The tuner tells you what note it is and how close it is to the true freq of that note.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
You could either tune to standard and then move down from there on each string or just figure the fact that when you play your sixth string you will know that B2 sounds wrong in comparison to B1 because its much too high of a note for the sixth string.

It should just be obvious...
Does your tuner have a flat button? Most tuners do. If so you just hit that 3 times and there ya go.
Oh also, I'm able to change some sort of frequency setting (currently on 440Hz). What does this do?
don't touch that right now.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam