I am interested in buying a new amp. I would like to spend no more than $2000 on a head.

That being said. What is a good multi-channel amp (preferable 3 channels or more; two if the gain channel has an extra voicing or is very flexible) that can do Thrash (mainly 80s and early 90s), Death, Melo-Death, Prog metal, NWOBHM, and has a lower gain/clean channel that I could use for other styles such as blues, jazz, and classic rock.
Last edited by SCopeland24 at Jul 20, 2010,
3 channel Mesa Dual Recto, very good for the 90s stuff can easily do the 80s thrashy stuff too. a lot of people say that they're very fizzy and you need to turn it up a lot. IMO that complete bullshit, as long as you run something through the effects loop the tone is brilliant and not fizzy at all
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
OK another requirement/tone capibility would be to get some tight rhythm sounds al a Iced Earth and some searing leads like Petrucci or Skolnick.
2 channel amp and a EQ pedal would be a better solution not limiting yourself to three channel amps