I saw this link posted in another thread...

GC Coupon

...And I had a couple questions about the offer.

It says it excludes "Clearance, Price Matched, Scratch and Dent..." Does scratch and dent mean used, or are they talking about something else entirely?

Also, it says Fender is excluded from the promotion, does that mean their used stuff is excluded as well? I'm sure I could find out at the store, but I can't head down there until later this week, and I wanted to see if I could expand my budget a bit.
GC coupons and special deals usually exclude anything you could possibly want, or need a coupon in order to afford. Keep that in mind.
clearance is everything that's red tagged online and in store. prime matched is price matched. Used stuff shouldn't be excluded if they let you use the coupon on used stuff. They should but manager's can say no as well. Scratch and dent is under the scratch and dent section of the gc website. It's everything that is factory refurbished.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Well I have around $400 and I'm going to pick up a used Fender Blues Jr for $330 (comes to around $350 after tax) and I was going to take the $50 left over a see if I could get a pedal or something off CL. If they let me use the coupon on used stuff I should be able to grab a better pedal in the store and still spend the same amount of money.

I'm actually looking at a couple of the EHX pedals, and they're not on the exclusion list.
i think the exclusion only applies to fender guitars.

Fact: Guitar Center sends out a "15% Off" coupon pretty much every month to people on their mailing list. This coupon only applies to about 10% of things people would actually bother using it on.

Fact: You don't even need it, because you can just go into the store and be like "BITCH! Give me 15% off, or I kill you."

True story.

In conclusion - Ask for 15% off instead, cause you get $2.50 more off
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 20, 2010,
Quote by MatrixClaw
Fact: Guitar Center sends out a "15% Off" coupon pretty much every month to people on their mailing list. This coupon only applies to about 10% of things people would actually bother using it on.

Fact: You don't even need it, because you can just go into the store and be like "BITCH! Give me 15% off, or I kill you."

True story.

In conclusion - Ask for 15% off instead, cause you get $2.50 more off

The only gear it excludes is made by companies that opted to not be in the program. Scratch and dent means is there is a guitar hanging on the wall that has been banged up and it's already lowered in price than your coupon is invalidated. It will cover used items unless the manufactured has opted out, which in this case they have.

In case you haven't been to GC lately the whole "bartering" system is not really how it goes. Since the company has been expanding so has their policies. You can't go ANYWHERE else and demand something off a product for literally no reason at all. It used to fly there ; it doesn't anymore.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
In case you haven't been to GC lately the whole "bartering" system is not really how it goes. Since the company has been expanding so has their policies. You can't go ANYWHERE else and demand something off a product for literally no reason at all. It used to fly there ; it doesn't anymore.

At every single Guitar Center in the state of Arizona, they still barter. I have never payed full price for an item there. Hell, most of the time if they see me playing with something, they offer a deal to me without me even asking
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
At every single Guitar Center in the state of Arizona, they still barter. I have never payed full price for an item there. Hell, most of the time if they see me playing with something, they offer a deal to me without me even asking

True story, happens to me too. But it does depend on who you're working with if you do ask someone. There are a couple guys I avoid at the GC I usually go to.

I actually used a coupon at GC recently... used the 20% fathers day one on a Line 6 M13. Was waiting for months and months for a decent deal on that one.
I have a huge fear if rays.
matrixclaw is magic.

Quote by ChrisBW
True story, happens to me too. But it does depend on who you're working with if you do ask someone. There are a couple guys I avoid at the GC I usually go to.

I actually used a coupon at GC recently... used the 20% fathers day one on a Line 6 M13. Was waiting for months and months for a decent deal on that one.

Wanna trade me it? I'll give you all my pedals (go find my ad on CL)
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Nah I'm good. I already planned out my pedalboard I'm going to build. Anyway I can't find your CL ad? I might be interested in getting anything nifty.
Quote by ChrisBW
Nah I'm good. I already planned out my pedalboard I'm going to build. Anyway I can't find your CL ad? I might be interested in getting anything nifty.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/1852640952.html

I also have an MXR 10-Band EQ and a Dime Crybaby from Hell
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
the best thing about the guitar center coupons is that SAM ASH honors them on everything.

nothing is excluded really.
Quote by gregs1020
the best thing about the guitar center coupons is that SAM ASH honors them on everything.

nothing is excluded really.

Really? That's pretty cool.

I've never been to Sam Ash, the closest one is like an hour and a half away
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Really? That's pretty cool.

I've never been to Sam Ash, the closest one is like an hour and a half away

yep.

the bottom line is they price match any authorized dealer. even a coupon. and we don't read all that fine print, it hurts our old eyes so we just hack away at the price.

usually keeps people coming back.
Yeah our Sam Ash is pretty damn far.

Only been there twice, but hey if they'll honor GC coupons on anything.... potential epic win.
My Tweaker is still on backorder and I have been pulling teeth with GCs to honor the fathers day coupon because I ordered it online, and still don't have it. I realize the .com/brick and mortar stores aren't truly the same but its still the brand name... I am hoping they help me out.

I went into a Fairfax location yesterday and the dude wouldn't do a thing for me. There was a display Tweaker he wouldn't take anything off. When I asked if I could use the 50$ off July coupon online he said it was a weekend only promotion, but if I bought the service plan they would take off $50. What a sham.
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
my guy at GC gave me 20% off the display tweaker head, and they just unpacked it earlier that day.

sounds like you should talk to a different employee there sixstringedmatt.
Dang, I talked to the manager of the one in Sacramento about it last year, he wouldn't budge. Someone I know did the same thing in the Roseville (about 30min from Sac) location and the same thing happened. Seems to be hit and miss then.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Going to a Va Beach location today... the guy was nice on the phone about trying to help me in the store with the online order, but he said his manager couldn't just override 20% off, that it would take a lot of emailing or something to do so. I am going to personally go in and see if it changes things... if not, I am prepared to use the 50$ off coupon and pay 349.99 but my buddy going with me is adamant I should get the great deal I scored online for it.
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57