Hey, fellow bass players!

I decided to move up in the bass world and go analog, for a change. I've had my zoom b2 for over 2 years now, and I finally found what I want from my bass sound, and I have no more need for a multiprocessor IMO, so I'll be selling it.
The tone that I fell in love with is a bright, slightly overdriven tube tone. Here's what I want to get:
http://youtu.be/7W5V2fSUMxc <- fingerstyle (0:00 starting)
http://youtu.be/req-oDf2ZRc <- pick playing (0:38 starting)

From what I gathered, I'll be needing a EQ pedal + Tube preamp. The gear that I found in my budget was:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/artec_graphic_beqtuner.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/samson_cvalve.htm

I want to hear your thoughts on this setup and how well will it do for my needs. And any other suggestions WITHIN 150eu.

Cheers,

Jonas.
I haven't heard of either brand, it might just be me but that is rarely a good thing.
Look at some Dave Hall Amp stuff, his main website is down but his eBay shop is open. Handmade valve EQs, preamps and overdrives. (Edit: those would be £150 not 150 euros :/ Decent valve stuff is never cheap though.)

Also, why would you need a preamp AND an EQ pedal?
Last edited by Spaz91 at Jul 20, 2010,
Quote by Spaz91
I haven't heard of either brand, it might just be me but that is rarely a good thing.
Look at some Dave Hall Amp stuff, his main website is down but his eBay shop is open. Handmade valve EQs, preamps and overdrives. (Edit: those would be £150 not 150 euros :/ Decent valve stuff is never cheap though.)

Thanks! That seems like a neat pedal! Might conciser that one. And on why I need both: I like to have some more tone shaping power at my fingertips, so the eq pedal is as close as I get.
I'm usually quite fond of Samson stuff, but that one seems a bit cheap... I'm not sure I trust it.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I'm usually quite fond of Samson stuff, but that one seems a bit cheap... I'm not sure I trust it.

It's cheaper because that's a tube microphone preamp, and not a bass preamp.
Well, for tube sounding options, there is always the Sansamp VT bass and the Fulltone bass driver.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Skeletomania
It's cheaper because that's a tube microphone preamp, and not a bass preamp.

wouldn't that lose low end then?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Spaz91

Hey! Sorry if bumping violates the rules, but i didn't see a need to make a new thread.
I'm really interested in that DHA VT2-Twin-Bass pedal, thanks for suggesting it, but I can't find any samples (all the links that I find are broken). Does anyone know where I can get a listen?

If I like what I hear, I'll end up buying it and a behringer floor tuner (I don't think that a floor tuner is capable of blowing it's speakers, I just need a simple floor tuner).
Quote by nesveikuolis
Hey! Sorry if bumping violates the rules, but i didn't see a need to make a new thread.
I'm really interested in that DHA VT2-Twin-Bass pedal, thanks for suggesting it, but I can't find any samples (all the links that I find are broken). Does anyone know where I can get a listen?

If I like what I hear, I'll end up buying it and a behringer floor tuner (I don't think that a floor tuner is capable of blowing it's speakers, I just need a simple floor tuner).

There were loads on his website but he's remodelling it at the moment.