I've searched the internet high and low, but I can't find an answer.
I wish I could, but I can't.

TL;DR- How do I get Garage Band to recognize my keyboard connected to a PODxt Live?

1) I have a MIDI cable going from my keyboard's MIDI Out to my PODxt Live's MIDI In.
2) My PODxt Live is connected to my computer via USB and my DAW is Garage Band.
3) Garage Band recognizes there is one MIDI input available.
4) I play my keyboard, but it does nothing in Garage Band.
5) I have all the channels synced up.
6) SOO- How do I get Garage Band to recognize my keyboard?

MIDI has always been a weak area for me.. any help? Free internet cookie for any who does!
Midi is not audio, are you using any synth software or something? Maybe you have to enable the MIDI input like I have to on Reaper.
You do have an instrument on the midi track, yes? Some people overlook the fact that midi isn't audio, it's just a code language that plays software instruments.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by GisleAune
Midi is not audio, are you using any synth software or something? Maybe you have to enable the MIDI input like I have to on Reaper.

There are software instruments that can be played through the computers keyboard (the one that you type on), or through a regular keyboard (the instrument). The MIDI input is enabled and it detects that it exists, but when I go to play on the keyboard and expect the synth/instrument I picked in Garageband to play through the computer.. nothing happens.

Quote by Sid McCall
You do have an instrument on the midi track, yes? Some people overlook the fact that midi isn't audio, it's just a code language that plays software instruments.

Yep. MIDI track. There has to be something that I'm just not doing...
Is it record enabled? You have to click the little record icon on the individual track to get any sound, if I'm not mistaken.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
And as with reaper, maybe there's a live monitoring button when the track is record-enabled (armed as reaper calls it).