Hi to all!
I'd like to ask you a question about a Martin guitar I've just found in a pawn shop.

Martin
DC16RGTE
Acoustic only
Dreadnough
Label inside and logo Martin on the head
Price 349$
(A small dammage on the bottom of the harmony table but the wood is not open or broken)

My question is :
All martins this model presented on the net are electroaccoustic
How come this one is not
Could it ve a bad copy? or a fake?

Many thanks.
pics would help us a LOT. even a serial number???
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
The price is VERY low. It makes me oddly suspicious, but then again, what pawn shop doesn't?

In any case, what is a harmony table? I have no idea where the crack you're talking about is located.

Also, I don't believe the D16GT ever came with a cutaway(connoted by the C) without electrionics (the E). That is, I don't believe a DC16GT exists, from what I know. I'm not very certain though.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Hmm... that seems odd. Check the martin guitar website (mguitar.com) and see if the rosette matches this one.
Equipment:

I don't think Martins have a label either as details are usually inside the guitar under the kneck joint.
Quote by obeythepenguin

@ g1jammer: Actually, the label's about the only thing the counterfeiters got right on this one. Their classic models like the D-18 generally don't have a label, but the more modern designs usually do. (At least going by the photos on their website.)

Very true. You won't see any labels on the D-18's, 28's, 35's, etc. But the more low end ones, you will. Everything from 16 series and under.
Equipment: