So I purchased my first "Real" acoustic the other day. It is a 2004 Taylor 314ce 30th anniversary edition. I bought it used for a great deal. I love the guitar to death. And it sounds perfect, until you plug it in. When I plug it in and play, there is a slight distorted sound to it. It's like something is rattling ever so lightly causing this sound. I've tightened everything, restrung it, adjusted the neck, even felt around inside on the electronics and I've found NOTHING. I do not know what to do next besides take it to a shop. I don't play live and it's really not a huge deal, but to a tone snob like me, I cannot live with it like this.

Here's a pic. Sorry it's a crappy cell phone picture. Since this, i've tore it down and waxed everyhting on it.

Have you tried changing the battery? When batteries get low, they often start making a distorted sound.

That's the most common problem I can think of.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Sorry. Yes I changed the batteries. I will go get new ones just to make sure though. I also wrapped some paper around them to make sure they were rattling.
Hmm... I've heard that the Taylor Expression Systems have a few common problems that run among them, but I'm not sure exactly what they are.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.